lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
defsef
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G16 Clutch Disassemby

I have a 2002 Yamaha g16 and I have already removed the primary clutch. All three rollers had severe flat spots in them. I used the removal bolt and the whole assembly releases from the crankshaft. Here is my dilemma. I cant get the front section off of the clutch to replace the rollers. I was told by a golf shop to use a puller, however that doesn't seem correct. The shaft that sticks out where the main bolt goes threw is threaded internally with an M14 and its threaded on the outside also. Does the front section thread off of the shaft? and if so that sucker is tight!
defsef is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Clutch Disassemby

Quote:
Originally Posted by defsef View Post
I have a 2002 Yamaha g16 and I have already removed the primary clutch. All three rollers had severe flat spots in them. I used the removal bolt and the whole assembly releases from the crankshaft. Here is my dilemma. I cant get the front section off of the clutch to replace the rollers. I was told by a golf shop to use a puller, however that doesn't seem correct. The shaft that sticks out where the main bolt goes threw is threaded internally with an M14 and its threaded on the outside also. Does the front section thread off of the shaft? and if so that sucker is tight!
Yes the "spider" is threaded onto the fixed sheave. The threads are loctited, so use a small propane tourch to loosen the loctite and unscrew the spider counterclockwise to remove. When reinstalling, use some loctite. Hope that helped alittle.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
defsef
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Wonderful I really appreciate the help. I am a mechanic by trade but not a golf cart mechanic. I thought it was threaded on. I does amaze me how you can find better information on here than at a company that works on them for a living! Well at least in my area that may be the case.
defsef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

They did the same thing with the set screws in the weight type clutch, you have to heat them to get them out. I used a propane torch so it didn't get too hot, they came loose no problem.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha