lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G-19 steering box rattle

Mine does the same thing being a sun classic the box is hard to get to, I was looking at the slack in earlyier, I was wondering if you could put a "shim" aka washer between the idle arm and the box, at least thats were it looked like the rattle was coming from. Whatcha think? V
vponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmo View Post
I do know him. He sold me this cart as well as another. Plus I have bought some parts and pieces from him over the last couple years. Whenever custom golf carts come up in conversation, He mentions someone from down south that he deals with at Yamaha. Ever since I joined this site, in the back of my mind, I was wondering if that guy was on here. Can I assume you work for Yamaha?

SHMO
For good or bad...It's me Our territory is Pacific NW and Alaska. I simply can't be all of these locations, and Mike helps me out alot. Mikes a great guy, wish he worked for our shop. Can I ask why you don't have a "gasser" in your fleet? You would not beleive the "smile on your face" driving a "Bigblock" car
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #13
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by vponder View Post
Mine does the same thing being a sun classic the box is hard to get to, I was looking at the slack in earlyier, I was wondering if you could put a "shim" aka washer between the idle arm and the box, at least thats were it looked like the rattle was coming from. Whatcha think? V
Vponder, try the "fix" first. If you put a "shim' in might create a "bind", worm gear and pitman pins need some play.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #14
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
For good or bad...It's me Our territory is Pacific NW and Alaska. I simply can't be all of these locations, and Mike helps me out alot. Mikes a great guy, wish he worked for our shop. Can I ask why you don't have a "gasser" in your fleet? You would not beleive the "smile on your face" driving a "Bigblock" car
Funny you ask,

as I was wondering the same thing myself...haha Honestly though, we have a campground and use these carts for our cleaning staff as well as showing guests to their sites and general running around. We also use them during quiet hours. Long story short, we are really fond of having nearly silent carts. Previously, we were running G-2 Gas carts, which were pretty quiet, but nowhere near comparable to electrics. With that said, I am a gearhead at heart. One day I was showing Mike a picture of one of my projects and he said, "I have a guy you should meet from yamaha", meaning you...haha Funny how small the world is, and when we bump into each other on the internet.

Unfortunately, these electric carts are completely foreign to me. I have been reading as many posts about the nuts and bolts of the electrics, but I am still on the bottom end of the learning curve. You have been very helpful in shooting me straight on all of my threads, and I appreciate your input. If you're willing, I am going to hit you up when the "performance enhancements" are needed for my G-22. I kind of have this grudge thing going with my brother and our two carts are just too close in performance, so I will need to up the bar eventually. Someone has to keep things interesting around here.

SHMO
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #15
vponder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks smallblock for the reply, I have a friend that has an auto shop that I plan on taking it there so I can use his lift to get under there , he's an old school mechanic and is real good at making thing work ect, so may be it will be a good remdy. I dont plan on making it a tight fit just snug it up alittle, he's the one that wheeled and dealed and got this cart in the first place and I bought it from him It's all his fault Ha HA V
vponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha