lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #21
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Motor needs a nudge to get going???

With the engine not running the belt will be very loose. The belt should be resting at or near the bottom of clutch, as the clutch should be spread open. When the rpms rise the belt will also rise to the top of the clutch.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #22
Lakedrunk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig tn View Post
With the engine not running the belt will be very loose. The belt should be resting at or near the bottom of clutch, as the clutch should be spread open. When the rpms rise the belt will also rise to the top of the clutch.
After searching here and the internet I found pictures and diagrams of how the clutch works, and yes my clutch is stuck in the high rpm possition. From what I read on that other thread I'm guessing a weight is broken. I'll take the cover off this weekend and see if that's the problem.

If it is just a weight broke, I think I can fix that myself. If it's something else I'll be back here with more questions :D
Lakedrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #23
boltz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Lakedrunk im also from lake of the ozarks Camdenton area, i have a freshly rebuilt drive clutch that i would part with cheap. just let me know.
boltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #24
Lakedrunk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltz View Post
Lakedrunk im also from lake of the ozarks Camdenton area, i have a freshly rebuilt drive clutch that i would part with cheap. just let me know.
Great! If I end up needing one I'll email you! I'm just outside Osage Beach (hwy 42). Sheldon at Bikers Alley said he has all the parts I'll need, but I'm afraid if I need a new clutch, the price might be more than I want to spend.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #25
boltz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ok let me know ill take $75.00 for it all
boltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #26
Lakedrunk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, it was one of the rollers have a flat spot on it and the thingy (weight?) popped out. How do I get the roller out? I'm guessing rollers are cheap?... I'll do a search on here. Thanks for all your advice!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #27
Lakedrunk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Do I have to use a special tool to get the triangle thing off the clutch? Is there no "good 'ol boy" way of doing it?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha