lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
rvrnmfo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G1 Starting

I got my buddies hooked on the G1's. the one we are working on now is all stock and ran perfect when we purchased it. we worked over the rev limiter to get some more speed out of it. after a few tanks of gas its having a problem starting. it does start after holding down the pedel for about 5-6 seconds. its getting spark and the plug dont look loaded up. I am going to look at the Fuel pump next. can it be losing its prime? any suggestions?
rvrnmfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Starting

Everyone seems to jump for the fuel pump when their buggy won't start. Pump failures are not very common. I would look elsewhere, but if you want to check it, pull the hose going into the carb and crank the engine. If gas comes out, the fuel pump is OK. Check your throttle cable and linkages to be sure you are not opening the throttle when cranking. If it is, the engine is getting too much air and will start hard. You should be able to move the gas pedal enough to engage the starter without opening the throttle plate on the carb. Does the engine start better if you choke it? The carb may need cleaning or you may have leaky crankcase seals.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
rvrnmfo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks, I will check the Throttle adjustment ,crank seals, and the Choke. I keep it at the colorado river about 3 hours away. I will update with my findings next week.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:32 AM   #4
rvrnmfo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

OK,

I have checked the fuel pump, its good. I have checked the linkage and the motor does crank before the throttle open. All seems to work as intended. the crank seals also seem to be good, no excess gas leaking from the bottom of the motor. I have put a new carb and a new spark plug with no improvement. Whats next guys.

I have to push the throttle to the floor for about 10 sec for it to star running and then is seems to run. once i let the motor stop....its the same every time to start going again.

PS. i also check for any air leaks around the intake. all seems good.

thanks.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:44 AM   #5
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Take a compression test. You should have more than 100 psi on a healthy engine.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:11 AM   #6
rvrnmfo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I think the compression is good, I will double check it. I have three of these i am working on. Mine and two of my buddies. I think i have narrowed it down to the crank seal. I dont have anythink leaking but it may be leaking just enough to keep the gas from getting pulled up to the top of the head. Two the the carts are doing the exact same thing.

getting parts and installed may take a week or so. I will keep you posted. thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha