lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #11
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1997 Club Car limo DS 11hp sputters on acceleration

actually i remember back awhilei was working on an older cart like this, it was having the same symptoms. i ended up finding that the valves were not making good contact around the seat. pulled the head, and lapped the valves. ran like new. just a shot in the dark, but could possibly. most likely a plugged muffler though. its always hard for me to diagnose over a computer lol. and yes gauto, our club car dealership is here in valpo.
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #12
gauto5150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcartthing View Post
actually i remember back awhilei was working on an older cart like this, it was having the same symptoms. i ended up finding that the valves were not making good contact around the seat. pulled the head, and lapped the valves. ran like new. just a shot in the dark, but could possibly. most likely a plugged muffler though. its always hard for me to diagnose over a computer lol. and yes gauto, our club car dealership is here in valpo.
I'm only Florida a few more days. When I get home I'll check the muffler and tinker around with it to see what I can do.
As far as diagnosing over a computer, I have friends that want me to diagnose noises in their car via text. Try that one!!!
So far I'm at a 86% success rate, I'm good....
Thanks Phil,
Gary
gauto5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the jist of this is that it only acts up some of the time......have you taken a peek in the gas tank to see if theres any crap or water in the gas that it might be picking up sometimes?? i remember a cart that drove me crazy for a week before i found a small puddle of water in the gas tank and every once in awhile it layed in just the right spot that the pick up tube in tank sucked some up...........since then i don,t hesitate to look for water or garbage in the tank and its amazing how much i find..............might be worth a look see.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
gauto5150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'll take a look at that. The jerkbaglyingpos that sold it mentioned that it had been sitting for 6 months. Which translates into over a year I'd guess. I did look in the tank and saw some debris in the bottom so I know it needs to be cleaned out. Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
gauto5150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It's been many months since I started this discussion and I found the problem so I thought I'd share.
Apparently the limiter was bad and the clutch was whacked as well. The engine would hit the limiter because the clutch was worn and wouldn't engage fast enough.
I replaced the clutch and disabled the limiter and the problems have gone away. Previously I thought the limiter was disabled but I was mistaken.
Hopefully this may help someone else as well.

Tags
club car bogs sputters
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car