lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
andyoneight
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 93 club car starves

My cart runs out of gas in the line between the tank and the carb even on flat ground; it stalled previously going uphill. I replaced lines and filters, cleaned the fuel pump screen. What's next?
andyoneight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default Re: 93 club car starves

Did you inspect or replace the vaccum pulse line going from the crankcase to the fuel pump?

If you have checked all the lines (including the vaccum line) and cleaned the screen I would assume the next logical step would be to either:

A) tear into and clean the carb and make sure that carb is clean and creating enough vaccum to pull the fuel into the carb, fill the bowl etc. If you clean the carb and the problem persists I'd replace the pump.

B) replace the fuel pump with a new pump and see if that remedies the issue. If it doesn't remedy the issue than I would pull the carb apart, clean it and see if that solves it.

Basically, pick whichever piece (carb or fuel pump) you want to start with and work your way to the other
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
sc3283
Getting Wild

Cushman

check the vent in the gas cap..its easiest to do

remember never over complicate things....take the simple stuff first
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^^

Good point on the tank vent, didn't think of that till you said it. Very simple to check and could be the issue.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
andyoneight
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks, I'll get started on those items Friday, when it's cooler, ha.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
andyoneight
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

A bunch of people here in Georgia are saying Ethanol in the gas could cause sticky in the carb and moving parts. They recommend using some stuff to counter the ethanol like an additive. Eh?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
andyoneight
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK, I got all lines free and clear, and most replaced. Sprayed carb cleaner in the carb air inlet while running. Put Gum-out in the fuel tank. I was able to blow bubbles into the gas tank via the outlet line to the fuel pump. The line from the crankcase to the fuel pump pushes out air well. The fuel pump only puts out a steady dribble of fuel with seemingly no pressure, is that correct? I'll try driving it today to see what happens since running in neutral uses so little gas the carb bowl seemed to supply that for over 15 minutes. Only thing left is the carb I suppose.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your looking at the fuel filter between the tank and carb and seeing it empty sometimes don,t panic thats normal......you think how can it run theres no gas in there but beleive me i can,t tell you how many carts i have driven whens thats been empty.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
johnandret
Not Yet Wild

shadowman is absolutely right, this holds true for most small engines as well.
johnandret is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car