lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
jdm182
Not Yet Wild

Default 86 DS rigged wiring, couple questions

Hey all,
I am in the midst of resurrecting an 86 DS. Previous owner informed me that he had "christmas treed the wiring". When I hooked up a new battery it immediately began to turn over(key off, key on, neutral, in gear,pedal depressed and not depressed), only way to stop it is to remove the negative terminal at battery. I printed the wiring diagram on the front page and traced it all as best I could. I discovered that he had disconnected the green wire which runs from the neutral lockout micro at the FNR lever to the top micro in the black box. In its place he ran a wire from the post on the selonoid where the positive wire from the batt goes to the top micro in the black box. I have reconnected everything as it should be, and now I get nothing. On a related note, I have also discovered that the throttle cam in the black box does not depress the tabs on the microswitches when the pedal is released(not depressed) in there. I believe a simple adjustment should fix this. Also the wiring diagram does not clarify the exact locations of the connections at the back of the key switch. Mine look to be in the wrong order as best I can determine. I have searched the site extensively and unfortunately electrical systems are not my strong point, so I am at a standstill. Any ideas or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated,

THank you,

jim
jdm182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
johnandret
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 86 DS rigged wiring, couple questions

hello, you will need to get the cam to operate those switches .
looking at the manual it looks like the switch is labeled on the back
1 and 2 voltage side of switch
m+ and m- ground side of switch
looks like batt pos. post at sol. small red wire connects to 2
blue wire at small term. on sol. connects to 1
m- connects to black wire that goes to ground
m+ connects to black and white wires going to micro switches.

i dont know how to send the pic i have of it or i would .
johnandret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
jdm182
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much for diggin in the manual. I suposse I should spend the cash and pick one up. Thinking about it some more I believe the PO was trying to jump the microswitches at the shift lever. At least you got me straightened out at the key switch end.
Thanks again for your effort,
JIM
Old 07-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would order 3 or 4 of those micro switches. The have a two wire and a three wire but the three wire is the most common used and can be used in place of the two wire. The go bad all the time and yes you can clean them up but it never fails they screw up just about as fast as you cleaned it. they are pretty cheap.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
jdm182
Not Yet Wild

Ordered 4 new microswitches. Gonna hook up the solenoid the way the PO had it .and close the microswitches at the throttle cam and see if that is what is keeping it from shutting down. If that works I think I can conclude that they have jumped the neutral lockout micro. Hopefully it works.
Thanks for the responses.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
jdm182
Not Yet Wild

So, I reran the wiring the way the PO had it and closed the micros by hand, lo and behold it stopped cranking. New micros showed up today. Just waiting for wifey to get home and watch the kid so I can throw em in. Another question I have is, it appears that the micros at the FNR operate in reverse to the two in the box. When the two in the box are pressed in it prevents the system from operating, the other two, hopefully, allow it to run when pressed in by the cam at the shifter. It does not make sense to me, but then again microswitches and carts are brand new to me.
Thanks for any advice
Old 08-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

There's a wiring diagram in the "stickies"!
it may help you figure things out!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...g-diagram.html
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car