lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
jbt001b2
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas turf2 motor swap question

Hello ALL.. New to the group, What I got is: 99 turf 2 gas picked it up last fri afternoon.. Mods so far are, new f150 nose,Jakes#18 wheel tire 6" lift package, rebuilt all susp W new bushings, installed hydro dump (used piston), new tie rods, new front hubs. Basicly rebuilt the cart in a week I got a little carried away But what the heck it was fun to do. I painted it green and did 3 hrs of hand pin stripes on it! Looks mint now I need to ad some spunk to the running gear. I want to put a 4 stroke snowmobile engine in it. I was thinking of going to buy a 03 yamaha rx-1 off craigslist tomorrow and cutting it up and thy to shoehorn the 1000cc beast in the cart. anny ideas on the best path to some fast happieness??? Thanks I will try to post some pics of the new toy if anyone wants one.. J.T.
jbt001b2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas turf2 motor swap question

Its a fun project but your probably going to hate a bike engine , yeah its fun to go 100 mph but try cruising 5 mph and youll go insane check out the big block section and that will give you some ideas and really you can optimize what you have setting up clutchs and fine tuning the engine. think long and hard before you take a nice cart and turn it into another cart that i see on craigslist that was just destroyed by someone with the same idea you have and one last thing you have a cw rear end and any engine you put in is going to make the rear end run backwards
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
jbt001b2
Not Yet Wild

I was woundering about the rear end, The rx1 is a sled I was hoping to use the clutch off the sled motor and just line it up to the rear end of the cart I don't need a 1000cc powerplant I would be fine with a 440 or so But I dont want to listen to a 2 stroke. This sled I found on CL was the only one I could find that was 4 stroke thats why I was going to get it. Can you run it in reverse? no idea if it can handle the speed in that way guess I have a lot of homework to do.
Any Ideas on o good rearend to buy to put in? I would not mind buying a new rear if it was the same width and bolt patern for the wheels I have. I also just ordered the Jakes disc brake kit. I figure I will need some more stopping power to go with the go power.. Rear drums wont do much.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

what is wrong with the original motor?
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
LakeNut
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt001b2 View Post
I was woundering about the rear end, The rx1 is a sled I was hoping to use the clutch off the sled motor and just line it up to the rear end of the cart I don't need a 1000cc powerplant I would be fine with a 440 or so But I dont want to listen to a 2 stroke. This sled I found on CL was the only one I could find that was 4 stroke thats why I was going to get it. Can you run it in reverse? no idea if it can handle the speed in that way guess I have a lot of homework to do.
Any Ideas on o good rearend to buy to put in? I would not mind buying a new rear if it was the same width and bolt patern for the wheels I have. I also just ordered the Jakes disc brake kit. I figure I will need some more stopping power to go with the go power.. Rear drums wont do much.
A 2 cycle cart gets reverse by starting the motor in reverse. A 4 cycle cart has an axle that has a F-N-R shifter. So if the RX1 output is just the sled clutch sheave, you are not bringing anything over that will give you reverse. You would probably also want to find an 4 cycle F-N-R axle as well. And if the RX1 is like most of the FZR1 derivatives, it is liquid cooled, so you also have to figure out a radiator, hoses, fan, and air flow.
LakeNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
jbt001b2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vertical View Post
what is wrong with the original motor?
its to slow.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
jbt001b2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeNut View Post
A 2 cycle cart gets reverse by starting the motor in reverse. A 4 cycle cart has an axle that has a F-N-R shifter. So if the RX1 output is just the sled clutch sheave, you are not bringing anything over that will give you reverse. You would probably also want to find an 4 cycle F-N-R axle as well. And if the RX1 is like most of the FZR1 derivatives, it is liquid cooled, so you also have to figure out a radiator, hoses, fan, and air flow.
I have a f-n-r shifter on my cart now. That was a question I had, If the snowmobile clutch it on the right side of the motor and the axle is on the left side. Can I just install the motor backwards, run it with the cart shifter in reverse to go forward.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car