lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Dealer pricing

I am looking for a gas CC. I noticed my local dealer had an ad on craigslist, so I decided to give them a ring. The guy was very nice and said that he had some stock gas Club Cars that are around $2000. He said that he also had some EZGOs and they were generally cheaper, around $1400-$1600. He also said that once summer hits, they will fly away and he won't have any used gas carts in stock (I guess the gassers are more popular for private owners?). There was one in particular that was in one of the ad pictures that is a late 90s gasser, all stock, and he said that was one of the cheaper ones at $1900. I will probably go up there within the next couple days and look around a bit. Does all this information sound right? Prices, summer sales going way up, etc...
I have attached a pic of the one we discussed. It is the CC in the middle. It looks nice and clean, and he said it runs perfectly. I could probably get him down to $1800. Thanks for any input...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Dealer pricing

Forgot the picture. Here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club car.jpg (26.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
sc3283
Getting Wild

Cushman

Im a gasser guy...the thought of battery replacement isnt good on my wallet when buying good batteries. 1800 doesnt sound bad to me....gassers are becoming a thing of the past due to the greenies. So the courses aren't buying as many as they did years ago...which makes used gassers less for us used gasser lovers
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

That price sounds right for around here. I figure that any gasser under 2000.00 is worth taking a peek at. If you can get a running gasser out the door for 1800 I'd take that deal.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #5
TRP
Gone Wild

That's about what you see out here. $2250.00-2500.00 used unmodified from dealers. Craigs list prices range from 1700.00 - 2500.00 used / modified.

Picked up mine on Saturday for $2000.00. It came with a lift and nice wheels and tires. He was asking $2400.00
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Ok guys, thanks for your input. I have owned two electric Club Cars, never had a gas one, but for what we need it for (utility vehicle around our land) I think gas would be the way to go. What is the towing capacity of a gas cart? I know electrics can pull around 700 lbs.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Ok guys, well I was talking with a guy at my dealer the other day, and I have decided to stay with electric.
He asked me how often the cart would be used, and I said once or twice a week.
He said for that type of use, an electric is better.
I agreed and I do like the quietness and no exhaust of an electric cart.
I have always owned electric, and figure I'll just stick with what I have.
Sorry to all you gasser fans out there...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car