lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Default Looking for a cheap gasser to restore

I figured I would start at a fine source for such a thing. I've been through Craigslist but haven't found a reasonable one. If anyone in the Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin area has one or knows of one please let me know.

Thanks!
R8cer Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
TRP
Gone Wild

Default Re: Looking for a cheap gasser to restore

Restore or refurbish to use around the campsite with the toy hauler there?

I only ask because there are some differences in the two.

Ted
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

What do you consider cheap? Also, how much work are you looking to do and/or how much work are you willing/able to do. Depending on your definition of "cheap" that second question may be the limiting factor.

I watch the local Craigslist pretty much every day so I have a good feel for what's around my area so if you have a price range let me know and I can keep an eye out for you.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #4
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRP View Post
Restore or refurbish to use around the campsite with the toy hauler there?

I only ask because there are some differences in the two.

Ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
What do you consider cheap? Also, how much work are you looking to do and/or how much work are you willing/able to do. Depending on your definition of "cheap" that second question may be the limiting factor.

I watch the local Craigslist pretty much every day so I have a good feel for what's around my area so if you have a price range let me know and I can keep an eye out for you.

Here is some insight on my capabilities.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...under-way.html

I am looking for one for a buddy who wants one for his campsite which I will be doing the work on. What he is looking to spend is no more than a grand.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

^^^^

Nice work on the lowered cart, read that thread before but didn't put the name together when you posted this thread.

Under a grand is hard to find on Craigslist around here (metro detroit) and the ones I have found are really old, really rough and/or really incomplete. You could check the SW Michigan Craigslist too.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
TRP
Gone Wild

My apologies. The point wasn't to question your abilities. It was about the differences between restoration and refurbish.

The reality is that in the end, we're talking about golf carts, not vintage cars - so my point is moot.

Best of luck with the cart. I'm sure it will look awesome.
Ted
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
^^^^

Nice work on the lowered cart, read that thread before but didn't put the name together when you posted this thread.

Under a grand is hard to find on Craigslist around here (metro detroit) and the ones I have found are really old, really rough and/or really incomplete. You could check the SW Michigan Craigslist too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRP View Post
My apologies. The point wasn't to question your abilities. It was about the differences between restoration and refurbish.

The reality is that in the end, we're talking about golf carts, not vintage cars - so my point is moot.

Best of luck with the cart. I'm sure it will look awesome.
Ted

Yeah I understand what you guys are saying and its all good.

I said the same thing to my friend about the price, hard to find a decent gasser for that. Sometimes one gets lucky every now and again. Thanks for keeping a look out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car