lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
Big Ad
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 1992 Club Car problems after running for a short while

Guys, I have a problem with a 1992 Club Car (Gasoline model) AG92 is the start of the chassis number.

From cold it will start without problem, then I can get around 5-8 holes on my local golf course before it begins to completely lose all drive power.

When I press the gas pedal it just chugs and chugs and won't go anywhere until I wait for ages to allow it to cool.

It has had a new fuel pump, new fuel lines, spark plug and the carburetor has been removed and cleaned out completely. I also have a new coil on the way, but am not convinced that this will repair it.

Anyone had similar problems or any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks a lot for reading. Look forward to any suggestions you guys have
Big Ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1992 Club Car problems after running for a short while

cut the ground wire to your rev limiter and see if it goes away or just unbolt it and wrap tape around the end so it does not ground.
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
Big Ad
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a lot for the reply. Can you tell me how I do this, or even where the rev limiter is so I can locate it?

I managed to get a couple of service manuals, but they are for 97 models I think.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

Same spot. It's bolted to the front of the engine block. Straight down from the valve cover. It's held on by 2 bolts. the ground wire is on the left side as you are facing it. It's beige and is bolted to the block. I just cut them.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
Big Ad
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the very quick reply!! What exactly would this do? I have a new ignition coil being delivered tomorrow, and not sure whether to bother fitting it if it's not likely to solve my problems.

It's getting quickly to the point where I am replacing parts purely for the sake of it!!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Your rev limiter may be in the beginning stages of failure. If it fails, your cart will not run. Sounds like yours could be failing when it gets warm. Take that wire off and find out. Just be mindful that the rev limiter is removed at this point, and don't push the motor too hard.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
Big Ad
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a lot for your advice. Would you recommend fitting the ignition coil, or do you think it may be unrelated?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

It's alot of work. I'd disable the rev limiter first. Why change the coil if it's possibly not bad.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
Big Ad
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I'll give that a try, hopefully this weekend. Thanks again for your advice. I will let you know how it works out.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #10
Big Ad
Not Yet Wild

Bit of a follow up to this. I have now had the coil replaced and also a new RPM limiter fitted. The problem persists :(

What I have now noticed is that the cart will run pretty much until it runs out of fuel so long as I don't stop it. As soon as I stop the cart, the problem returns.

Anyone any other suggestions? I have thrown a silly amount of cash at this now trying to repair it and it's still unusable as I only manage a few holes at my local course before having trouble with it :(
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car