lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #11
saltymut
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Home Depot - Tony Stewart EZ-Go Gas Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Get out your tools and start checking all the electrical's. I would imagine you will end up replacing ALL the microswitches. Theres not really any way to get in there and clean the salt water out of them.

Shoot some lube down all the cables or take them off and soak the whole cable in some diesel or some kind of oil. Anywhere there was salt water is gonna come back to haunt you if you dont get it clean.

Wash out the frame rails real good or that will be the first thing to go.
I've anticipated replacing most (if not all) of the switches. The brake cables have already rusted. I found a shop on e-bay that sells the set for $40 (seems reasonable), but my main concern is to see if I can get the engine running before I start dumping money into this project. It will eventually become a secondary hunting transport vehicle.

I'm still trying to figure out which manual would pertain to the Marathon model. The "Technician's repair and service manual" seems to have TONS of valuable info, but it lists models OTHER than the Marathon.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this stuff, so please bear with me.
saltymut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #12
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Salty,

I just recently installed one of CPP's big block kits in my '04 TXT.. I still have all the old drivetrain sitting in my garage.. I have one very strong running 295cc 4-stroke, with all of the electrical system (starter/gen, ignitor, voltage reg, solonoid, key sw., and all wire harnesses.).. The engine had a tune-up and oil change a few months before I removed it from the cart.. The engine also has a drive clutch that is just over a year old..

Drop me a PM if you're interested and we'll work out a fair price, I'm tired of tripping over the stuff!!!
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #13
saltymut
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

John,

I'm also in the Houston area, so we might work out something if I can't get this beast running. Have you come across any EZ-Go salvage yards around here (Houston)? I'd love to rummage through one. Like I said, this will be a secondary hunting vehicle and don't want to spend a WHOLE lot of money.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #14
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltymut View Post
I've anticipated replacing most (if not all) of the switches. The brake cables have already rusted. I found a shop on e-bay that sells the set for $40 (seems reasonable), but my main concern is to see if I can get the engine running before I start dumping money into this project. It will eventually become a secondary hunting transport vehicle.

I'm still trying to figure out which manual would pertain to the Marathon model. The "Technician's repair and service manual" seems to have TONS of valuable info, but it lists models OTHER than the Marathon.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this stuff, so please bear with me.
I don't think You don't have a marathon. You may have a Medalist....which is just about an exact match to the TXT manuals you downloaded. The medalist has a metal body but it's quite a bit different than a marathon metal body. If you have a plstic body someone may have switched it over.

Pictures would be the sure way to figure out what you have.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #15
saltymut
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

This thing is metal alright (no plastic or fiberglass). The modifications (paint, decals, etc...) had to be a professional job, because it's too precise to be a hobbyist.

I'll definitely post up pics tonight.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #16
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
John,

I'm also in the Houston area, so we might work out something if I can't get this beast running. Have you come across any EZ-Go salvage yards around here (Houston)? I'd love to rummage through one. Like I said, this will be a secondary hunting vehicle and don't want to spend a WHOLE lot of money.
No problem Salty... I would rather sell this pile of parts locally than have to deal with crating and shipping it to an out of state buyer..

As far as salvage yards go.... Most of the dealers around this area don't keep any old "parts cars" around.. I've had pretty good luck finding stuff on Craigslist, but my cart is ten years newer than yours..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #17
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
The modifications (paint, decals, etc...) had to be a professional job, because it's too precise to be a hobbyist.
Ya know I saw on TV where they got this elephant to paint pictures that sold for thousands of dollars. I think the elephant would be consider a professional painter as well. He didn't do decals though, I guess it's to hard to peal the backs off them with only a trunk.
Many hobbyist can produce paint jobs that rival the "pro's", stickers included
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #18
saltymut
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
Ya know I saw on TV where they got this elephant to paint pictures that sold for thousands of dollars. I think the elephant would be consider a professional painter as well. He didn't do decals though, I guess it's to hard to peal the backs off them with only a trunk.
Many hobbyist can produce paint jobs that rival the "pro's", stickers included
I saw the same video. The elephant painted..... AN ELEPHANT !!!! Pretty darn accurate too.

Regardless of the paint and stickers. This cart has some great mods and I'm really hoping to get it running with as little hit to the pocket book as possible.

Here's what it's got for a rear seat:

It makes for a GREAT deer deck.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #19
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

If it's a '93 it's a Marathon.

And I'm no professional body/paint guy, but I have designed graphics and had them cut in automotive grade vinyl for installation. I know someone in the trade. What I'm saying is, don't let the stickers and paint fool you. It's probably a backyard cart that someone (with money) built up.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #20
saltymut
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Anyone have a contact phone number for EZ-Go?

Their site is very unhelpful.

**EDIT*** Nevermind... it's in the PDF's.

Tags
gas, home depot, tony stewart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO