lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Step 1 to Repair Saggin

My point is they are pretty much the same as what you will find on a car that uses that size, some shocks differ in push or pull forces and are rated for example 60% push, 40% pull. the cart shocks are 50%/50% as are most of them in that size catagory. I can move any normal car shock by hand just like I can with the ones off a cart.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #12
dramon
Not Yet Wild

It turns out the cart is NOT sagging at all. The bed has a loose hinge pin on the driver's side and the seat was missing the rubber bumper on the driver's side so it appeared as though it was leaning. I have discovered in my short time as an owner that once you get to tinkering, you easily get caught-up in the thing. I took the shocks to Orielly's and they matched them up with a Monroe shock that is 1" longer colapsed and 3 1/2" longer expanded so I bought them. I had no intention of lifting it and just put on new 18" tires with a more aggressive tread than original but now I think I'll put a small block under the springs to compensate. I'll post pics of the progress if anyone is interested. Thanks again for all the help along the way.
dramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #13
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sure we're all interested!

Post away!
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #14
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Everyone is right to some extent, new gas shocks are stiffer than the garden hose you forgot to put away in October but your standard oil shock is movable they resist rapid ocillation (SP?) to keep the tires on the ground. In most cases if the shock isn't leaking oil it still has some life left in it. Cart shocks live a leasurley life until us cartheads get a hold of them. Good luck.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #15
dramon
Not Yet Wild

Well, it took a while but I have a little progress to report. It's been slow but I guess slow progress is still progress. I have the lift fabricated and temporarily set in place just to see how it will have the cart sitting. I found out that one of the front leaf springs was broken and welded so I ordered two new ones. Should have them on Monday. I'm hoping to have it all put back together Monday. I didn't think I cared before but now looking at it I wish I had the front plastic piece. I looked on-line but can't see spending 50-60 bucks on it. Can anyone tell me where I can get a used one? Does anyone happen to have one that looks more like condition of the rest of the cart?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my pics. 024.jpg (62.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg my pics. 025.jpg (56.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg my pics. 023.jpg (58.4 KB, 31 views)
Old 10-11-2008, 12:07 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

your lift is looking good. 50-60 bucks is about what they cost.......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #17
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Makes me think of GI-Joe.

Looks great and I agree, you need the front end piece to finish it off.
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #18
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Nice work!! Cart is really looking good.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #19
ruredy
Born Wild

If you have a "real" ezgo dealer near you call them and ask about the nose piece. the last one I bought was pretty cheap, under $30 I think, but that was over a year ago. Lots of parts are cheaper from ezgo, it's when everyone get a hand in the mix is when they start getting pricey
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #20
dramon
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the comments.

As far as I can tell, there is only one in the Dallas area and that's hard to believe. I dealt with him a bit when I first bought it and didn't care for him so I haven't been back. I thought I would have the springs on by now but I'm still waiting for them to come in. The rest of the cart is back together so I'm getting ancy. How do you post pictures within the text of your reply? I see others doing it and like it better than the attachments. I'll post some new ones as soon as I get the leaf springs on....hopefully tomorrow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO