lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
Mike Justen
Not Yet Wild

Default Melex 252 runs good then stops for brief

I have a Melex 252 that has new batteries and new speed resistors. It runs fine for about 30 min. then it will just quit. If I wait a few minutes it will run again but only for a short time. Seems like something is getting hot. Also, if it doesn't power up, after a short break, sometimes it falls for, pushing on the accelerator while directional switch is in N then throwing it into drive and it will take off. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Mike Justen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #2
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Melex 252 runs good then stops for brief

Swiper clean and flat against buttons? Cables to resistors and off of swiper new? 30yr old cart could have heavy corrosion causing heat then failure. OR solenoid is bad and drops out. Just my opinion.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
Mike Justen
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of some of the same things. I'm guessing my best bet is to re-wire this old cart and start from there. You know, divide and conquer. I figured I could go thru it one wire at a time until they are all replaced....looks like an expensive trip to the hardware store is in my future.....as for the solenoid can it drop out during use if it gets hot? I always thought the circuit was either closed or open, I didn't know it could fluctuate during operation?
Mike Justen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #4
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

The solenoid can drop out. I don't know why but something to do with the internals. It just reads your are getting hot and the voltage is stuck somewhere.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex