lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2022, 12:33 PM   #11
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: eco battery gen 2 conversion

Got a chance to further investigate the gen 2 Ecobattery system last night Installed battery, it was a bit more difficult because of the width , so I placed a 2x8 on a slant from right edge of the rear cowl, lifted the battery onto the board and let it slide down to the left side, then lifted battery and slid board out from underneath it.(fits like a glove, of course!) removed NOCO shore power receptacle and replaced it with the ECO battery one, and set the charger in place temporarily to perform initial charge of battery. Connected SOC gauge, connected cables, pushed on button and plugged in AC. Charger hooked in and starting power to the battery. SOC gauge showed 54% and after a couple hours we were at the 100% mark! VERY cool....Gonna hook up all the other wiring to controller and ancillary stuff to night and see what we have! Plum Quick motor should be here in a week or so, then Tami's Taxi will be complete!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lthium conversion 17.jpg (32.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg lithium conversion 18.jpg (30.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg lithium conversion 15.jpg (29.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg lithium conversion 16.jpg (19.3 KB, 0 views)
nutsehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2022, 09:30 AM   #12
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow! Nicely done!

I was a little confused that I'd missed your thread then realized that while it may have taken weeks/months to do it was all dumped at once on the forum! Either that or you really are FAST!

I am interested in seeing how this thing performs when done! Should be a rocket!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #13
coosa
Gone Wild

Very interesting, and thanks for posting! I have learned the hard way to never fabricate for anything new until I have the device in hand. Even if the company provides an accurate description, I'm sure to mess something up unless I can actually look at whatever I have to install. I'm sure your wife is gonna love the changes.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 10:44 AM   #14
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Bronsonj , you are absolutely correct. i threw it all in at once. Thought I would chronicle the move from bad 6 volt lead acid batteries /36 volt system to new 6 volt batteries lead acid /36 volt system, to 42 volt lead acid system, to 48 volt Lithium system. Part of the reason that I decided to go lithium is the fact that I just spent a good deal of time replacing a friends battery tray due to his over enthusiastic use of his auto watering system. Another thread I just input a couple weeks back....Good times! NOT!!
Coosa, I MIGHT have learned my lesson this time, but if past history provides any insight at all, probably not....
Hooked up all final wiring, mounted onboard charger in extra space in battery area, SOC gauge in dash, and put her all back together, took her out. Demonstrably faster pick up, higher top end even with stock motor. Plum quick motor ought to give us a bit more, but oddly enough the front suspension/ steering is now wandering all over the place! Woof! Exciting to say the least.... Maybe i have to realign the the front end due to the lack of weight and higher voltage... Pic to follow....
Old 08-03-2022, 12:18 PM   #15
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=nutsehc;1901603]Demonstrably faster pick up, higher top end even with stock motor. Plum quick motor ought to give us a bit more, but oddly enough the front suspension/ steering is now wandering all over the place!/QUOTE]

I saw the same thing after my lithium conversion. Faster accel (due to less weight and less voltage sag), higher top speed (due to higher voltage) and steering wander at speed. I assumed it was due to higher speeds but never considered the effect of removing 350 pounds from the cart. I bet you're right that it's more the weight than the speed. I've had the realignment on my To Do List for a while now but haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe I'm waiting for retirement first... Only 15 to 20 years away for that!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 01:03 PM   #16
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Check that front end alignment, I have a lithium battery behind the rear axle, so it's super light up front... I gave myself about an 1/8" of camber and a 1/16 of toe in... handles really well...
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:17 PM   #17
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Bronson, had to look up that long "R" word you used there at the end, interesting premise, not sure it will ever apply to me though...
Mr Moto,am definitely going to reset camber and toe AFTER I address this latest song in the hitlist...The cart has always had a driver side lean which I attributed to the 7th battery I installed on the driver side in battery tray to convert to 42 volts. After the eco conversion the lean was still there, so I got to investigating the cause and found that driver side rear leaf spring had sprung as it were...( probably from towing trailers of materials at job sites and towing the raft around...) So I am now installing new heavy duty leaf springs and coil over shocks...yay!!argh...I also will be buying new tires as the current ones have proven themselves to be out of round... I also just received word that my new motor has been shipped so may as well wait and do it all at the same time. I did lose a great deal of clutter in the battery area due to less batteries, wiring etc, so it will give me time to determine how I might like to gussy up that area.It appears that is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel, jut hope it ain't no train!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery wiring.jpg (30.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg job site 1.jpg (289.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cart raft.jpg (38.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-04-2022, 04:23 PM   #18
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

I moved everything toward the rear for both weight transfer and space...
Old 08-04-2022, 04:24 PM   #19
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

some images....
Old 08-05-2022, 09:38 AM   #20
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Fascinating Jim!!! ( Leonard Nimoy quote..) looks like it would want wheelie if you stepped on it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO