lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2022, 07:29 AM   #1
twistr25
Not Yet Wild

Default Need some clarification on light wiring to 12v reducer

Hi again all,

Everything was going well after my lithium upgrade, but I've recently started blowing the fuse on my lights, both front and rear. I'm wondering if I didn't wire up my 12v reducer to the right wires. They are currently connected to two wires that run along the back of the battery compartment and I thought go to the fuse "area". Should they be attached over at the switch instead? Attached are the two best photos that I think will help, but happy to get any others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reducer.jpg (151.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20221205_160919359.jpg (114.4 KB, 0 views)
twistr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2022, 08:39 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need some clarification on light wiring to 12v reducer

Has it been blowing fuses since the reducer was installed or just started recently? Any other 12v stuff connected that isn't blowing a fuse?

Common issue I have seen with reducers is people wire the output - of the reducer to the input - that comes into the reducer from the pack and that is incorrect.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 10:59 AM   #3
twistr25
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Has it been blowing fuses since the reducer was installed or just started recently? Any other 12v stuff connected that isn't blowing a fuse?

Common issue I have seen with reducers is people wire the output - of the reducer to the input - that comes into the reducer from the pack and that is incorrect.
Not been blowing since I started, just recent. Not that I'm aware of, I don't have any other accessories.

I double checked it twice before wiring, so pretty sure I got that right, and also just checked again, the red and black are from the battery and the yellow/other black are the 12v outputs.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:00 AM   #4
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistr25 View Post
Not been blowing since I started, just recent. Not that I'm aware of, I don't have any other accessories.

I double checked it twice before wiring, so pretty sure I got that right, and also just checked again, the red and black are from the battery and the yellow/other black are the 12v outputs.
Sounds correct. I assume the +12v fuse is feeding both front and rear lights?

I would chase wire sounds like you have something shorting out. Does it blow the fuse right away when you put a new one in or does it work for awhile?
Old 12-07-2022, 12:27 PM   #5
twistr25
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Sounds correct. I assume the +12v fuse is feeding both front and rear lights?

I would chase wire sounds like you have something shorting out. Does it blow the fuse right away when you put a new one in or does it work for awhile?
Pretty much blows as soon as I turn the key over to the light trigger.
Old 12-07-2022, 12:32 PM   #6
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistr25 View Post
Pretty much blows as soon as I turn the key over to the light trigger.
Sounds like you have a dead short somewhere. I would check your wiring running to and from the lights.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO