lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2023, 06:08 PM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Altrax 500 programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakebit View Post
New Windows 10 computer microsoft will not allow software download unless from it's app store.
Old Windows 7 Pro says can't find controller.
I will keep trying to figure something out.
That's crazy.. I haven't run acthat and I install stuff at work all the time on customers pcs... If it true it's another nail in the coffin for windows..
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2023, 06:55 PM   #12
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Lakebit, to be sure, check out If you're running Win 7 32 or 64:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2023-01-14-00-45-18.jpg (45.3 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:09 PM   #13
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Lakebit, to be sure, check out If you're running Win 7 32 or 64:
Checked old PRO 7 laptop and it is 64 bit.
Not sure I'm loading the drivers correctly from Alltrax website, for my old Radio Shack cable. Cannot find the disk that came with cable.
Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the help!
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 09:05 PM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Ok so I just realized this is a pretty old alltrax with the serial connection. I'd say you would have to use the specific old program and there should be old versions for windows xp and window 7 for that one. Alltrax has good documentation with the software which should point you in the right direction.
Old 01-14-2023, 08:31 AM   #15
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Ok so I just realized this is a pretty old alltrax with the serial connection. I'd say you would have to use the specific old program and there should be old versions for windows xp and window 7 for that one. Alltrax has good documentation with the software which should point you in the right direction.
Thanks I think I had a XP when I upgraded my controller.
I will contact Alltrax and see if they can help.
Appreciate everyone's input.
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 08:45 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:32 AM   #17
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Communication with the DCX controller requires the Controller Pro Software from Alltrax and a RS232 ( serial ) connection to PC/laptop!
Old 01-14-2023, 09:40 AM   #18
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Communication with the DCX controller requires the Controller Pro Software from Alltrax and a RS232 ( serial ) connection to PC/laptop!
Ok but window 10 or even 64bit editions werent even around when these were sold so there should be available versions of software for the operating systems that were current when these were sold.

EDIT* a quick look at alltrax's support page shows this pro software is compatible with even windows 98. There is 2 versions however for the DCX controller however depending on which version you have before and after the 2006 production change date.

they also include drivers for the recommended Sabrent cable. be sure to look at the "reported issues " at the bottom as it could be your issue.

https://alltraxinc.com/controller-pro-software/

I am very familier with this "prolific" usb to serial adapter issue as I use one of these adapters as a field engineer and found I had to go through extreme measures to get it to work once windows disabled it with an update. Basically the prolific chipset was a clone of another companies patented design and microsoft disabled it to force customers to buy the genuine version (at 3x the cost of course) basically all the less expensive usb to serial adapters used the prolific chipset up to this point so the market is still flooded with them.

If you have a laptop with an actual serial port you can just use a serial cable and be done with it
Old 01-14-2023, 12:03 PM   #19
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think best would be, to find a pretty old PC/laptop, typically with a serial port and Win 98?? I don't think, software designed for Win 98 will run on any 64 bit system...?
Old 01-14-2023, 02:02 PM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I used to run the Controller pro software on windows 7 32bit no problem. Thousands of controllers programmed. Used to keep a 12v battery under the desk to power up the controllers. Just make sure the solenoid is closed and the controller has power.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car