lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
bbetterton
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery Run Times with mods

I have a 2002 Club Car DS. It has a 6" lift and 22" tires on factory wheels. I'm wondering what effect all the upgrades as far as controllers, motors, 4ga. cables, etc have on battery run time. I just got this cart and as far a I know it is stock other than the before mentioned mods. I would like to have a little more speed but I don't want to decrease my run time by much.
bbetterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Run Times with mods

Is it an I.Q. or a Series car. I.Q. would have a rocker swith for forward and reverse, and series will have a handle...

How much speed do you currently have, how much do you want?
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #3
bbetterton
Not Yet Wild

It is a series cart. I don't know the exact speed beacuse I haven't measured it. I think its around 14- 15 mph. I think I would like to add 4-5 more mph and increase the torque some. The cart does have a back seat on it so I would like to be able to carry four people and not slow down so much. I basing all of this on the fact that where I work we have a stretched EZ-GO with a custom 5' bed on the back. I can load a car transmission and 4 tires on the bed and it will still take off and go as fast with me and a passenger on it as it will with just me and no load.
bbetterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:00 PM   #4
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Ok, I don't think 4 Ga cables really affect run time, it just allows the voltage to get to the system more freely.

I've had real good luck using G.E. motors and alltrax controllers. I have quite a few customers with various combos and they seem to handle running out in the woods all weekend pretty well.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car