lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #11
NVme
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bombardier NEV owner exchange

If I had an owner's manual, I would be happy to copy it for you. However, after reading my shop manual through it covers all of the operating and maintenance parameters.

Check eBay, I've found a few owner's manuals on there over the years.

You might try sending Downeast10 (he posted earlier in the thread) a message, he owns three Bombers, maybe one of them had a manual.
NVme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I saw the post, and yes I do have a copy the Shop Manual, lots of pages, maybe I could make a pdf copy, Let me see how long it may take....
Downeast10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #13
twooldfarmers
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for this, I will wait to hear from you on this. Providing it is not a to much of a task to repop I would like to have something on this new machine so I have some idea what is going on even on the dash read out's. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeast10 View Post
I saw the post, and yes I do have a copy the Shop Manual, lots of pages, maybe I could make a pdf copy, Let me see how long it may take....
twooldfarmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #14
Amaproracin
Not Yet Wild

Well just got home with my new Bomb.... 99'
Will go over the cart tomorrow. I'm stoked just like to see go faster. Aftermarket controller?

Dave
Amaproracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #15
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaproracin View Post
Well just got home with my new Bomb.... 99'
Will go over the cart tomorrow. I'm stoked just like to see go faster. Aftermarket controller?

Dave
What type of controller did you get ?? Is it 72 volts, I may be looking to replace one of mine with a programmable 48 volt controller.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #16
Amaproracin
Not Yet Wild

I didn't get one yet. I was hoping someone on here would point me in the right direction.

Parts I know where to get. Don't need parts.

But I do need to replace the batterys. Should I go with a deep cycle battery like for rv's, trolling motors for boats. Those types of battery's?

The carts been garge keep. ClassE came with the cloth doors back cover which are new. Cd player, ceiling fan, wind shield wiper, etc.. He said it was load for the time. Chips in the paint in spots. I'm probably going to paint it anyway. So no big deal. I picked it up $1600.

Dave
Amaproracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #17
Downeast10
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

More pics on access to aux battery, the correct cut out size is 5" but 9", must be careful of wires in the tunnel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0109020832.jpg (148.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 0109020833.jpg (129.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 0109020835.jpg (158.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 0109020836.jpg (181.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #18
twooldfarmers
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for these, I think I will cruise a pick a part yard and see what I can come up with for a pop out coin/cup/junk holder that I could pop into the opening after I do the cut out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeast10 View Post
More pics on access to aux battery, the correct cut out size is 5" but 9", must be careful of wires in the tunnel.
twooldfarmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #19
NVme
Not Yet Wild

Here is a link to the manufacturer of the controller who sold/buys/remanufactures them:

Pictured on that page is the Curtis controller Part#1509-1001 for a Bombardier NV.

I am currently poring over my wiring scematic and that of the more common 72v Alltrax Shunt type controller to see if it can be used. So far it appears that the major difference in the two types of controllers is a speed limiter and reversing contactor are incorporated into the factory Bomber unit and the Alltrax would require a reversing contactor to be added to the car and you would have to reroute the speed sensor signal wire directly to the instrument cluster to retain speedo/odo function.

The Curtis 1311 handset will work on the OEM controller for adjusting speed and diagnostics. I am also thinking of building a pulse wave modulator ($29.99 @ Radio Shack) to fool the factory controller into thinking the speed is under 25 mph while rerouting raw speed sensor signal directly (as opposed to through the controller) to the instrument cluster to retain the speedo/odo function. The shop manual states that these cars are capable of 40mph!
NVme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #20
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Nice looking carts those Bombardiers, very compact and clean lines. Just out of curiosity, what would a dead one / basket case sell for on average ? I currently have a trans 2 and I'm considering a new project basis for later this year and one of those might be a fun little ride.
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts