lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
cardiac
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Belt or Clutch

1988 EZGO Got the cart running again and it won't move unless it is running. ie you can't push it forward or backward.
Installed new belt made for the 88 Marathon, is it just new or do I have another problem?
Thanks Joe
cardiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #2
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Belt or Clutch

Hi cardiac, A 2 stroke does not have neutral so the cart is either in forward or reverse, which it is in gear all the time they do not move easy when trying to push, when you start the motor in forward the motor runs forward when you start the motor in reverse the motor run backwards for reverse. hope this helps?
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
cardiac
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I understand what you're saying. But with the old belt and before I loaned my cart out, you could push by hand the cart in any direction without the motor running. I was wondering if my clutch had locked up or just a new belt that needs to be worn in. Thanks Joe
cardiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I would suspect that your old belt was worn thin and stretched. What you are experiencing is normal and the belt will soon bed in.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO