lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2019, 10:08 AM   #21
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

If I may suggest one more thing, before using that manual impact whacker on those bolts. Try removing them with a 6 point socket and a ratchet, slow but steadily increasing force. They should come lose, I'd hate to see you break em off with that impact
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2019, 07:27 AM   #22
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrouch023 View Post
Awesome, thank you so much! I looked all over my darn manual and couldn’t find anything..it seems like it’s missing pages or something lol.

I am going to start on this tomorrow so I’ll grab a 6 point socket before I get started!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dabble, after looking at your pics. Mine is a 2pg like you were referring too. I was talking about those 4 bolts in the pic you posted and circled..so those don’t even need to come off to get to this crank seal?

Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:17 AM   #23
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Old 06-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #24
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Ah Ha again, yes yes I wasn't crazy after all. Whew!! lol....

I thought 89's were the 3pg but I'm not sure, it doesn't really matter anyway because by the looks of it you'll need to remove the entire shroud/blower housing off anyway, the fan blades won't fit through the grate hole (at least on my 85 they won't). Plus it'll give you that much more working room
Old 06-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #25
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Ah Ha again, yes yes I wasn't crazy after all. Whew!! lol....

No need to remove that grate as you'll have to take the entire shroud/blower housing off anyway, the fan blades won't fit through the grate hole (at least on my 85 they won't). Plus it'll give you that much more working room

Haha alright sweet thanks for the quick reply! I am tearing into it this very moment!

I noticed in your pic, you left the starter, carb, and part of the exhaust pipe all on it and I think I’m going to do the same.. just wanted to make sure this was the easiest route and that I wouldn’t have any further trouble when trying to get to the seal.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #26
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

On mine it was a complete tear-down rebuild, that pic I posted was the day it was all back together ready to drop in.....

I'm still not convinced you have a 2pg just because that grate is removable, I don't know much about a 3pg I was just going by the poor pic in that 89 manual I posted. It appeared like it was a one piece housing......

Is your spark plug mounted straight in or at a slant in the head? A 2pg goes in straight, a 3pg goes in at a slant
Old 06-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #27
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:
On mine it was a complete tear-down rebuild, that pic I posted was the day it was all back together ready to drop in.....

I'm still not convince you have a 2pg just because that grate is removable, I don't know much about a 3pg I was just going by the poor pic in that 89 manual I posted. It appeared like it was a one piece housing......

Is your spark plug mounted straight in or at a slant in the head? A 2pg goes in straight, a 3pg goes in at a slant

So on mine that grate is removable? They are Phillips head screws like you said.

The spark plug goes in straight just like the pic of yours.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:19 PM   #28
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Wow, straight. Looks like a 2pg after all, I'm getting confused again lol.....

I wonder if in 89 they went to the 3pg mid year or something? I do notice a difference in the starter mount, But yeah just take off what you need to to get the entire housing off. Do you have it on the bench?
Old 06-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #29
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:

I wonder if in 89 they went to the 3pg mid year or something? I do notice a difference in the starter mount, But yeah just take off what you need to to get the entire housing off. Do you have it on the bench?

Yeah it hasn’t been consistent with anything I’ve found online..that’s why I’ve been putting this off so long but it’s warming up and I want to be able to drive it down to the lake so trying to figure it out today!

I don’t have it on anything right now..it’s still mounted inside the cart. Trying to find all the bolts holding it in place right now and disconnecting things that are in the way.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:39 PM   #30
Jcrouch023
Gone Wild

Quote:

Just wondering..do I need to take any of these top bolts off where the starter was mounted? Or just the ones on the side below to get the motor out?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO