lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #11
Robert Yow
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: weak spark issue

Hey Brewcity, will this HEI work on a 95 medalist 4 cycle engine. I have the same problem almost, mine gets one spark when you first spin the engine. Everything else checked good, but I have not been able to get a new ignitor. Everyone says they are on back order. If this HEI will work on mine can I go by the same wiring schematic. Thanks!!!
Robert Yow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

To be honest, Robert, I don't have an answer to that - I have heard of people using ignitors from everything from Chainsaws to the HEI modules in the 2-strokes, but nothing on the 4's ....

Hopefully someone will be along soon that can shed some light on this, I'm curious to hear the answer myself!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #13
Robert Yow
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Brewcity, I decided to try the HEI on my own. I went to Advance and bought a igniton module this afternoon. Cost $20.90. I hooked it all up and she fired right up!!! On my cart the pulsar coil has a black and a red with a white stripe. The black I connected to the W and the red with white stripe went to the G. There is a white wire from the coil I connected to the C. Then I connected a wire from the solenoid post (that gets hot when you push the pedal)to the B and the + side of the coil. Thats all it took!!! Man you saved me a lot!!! Now I can go on the road, Yea haw!!!!! The back ordered ignitor would have cost $180.00... So lets let everone know...Thanks again, Robert
Old 10-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Hey Robert, thats GREAT !!! Good price, too - the Advance here only stocks the $40 HEI's (I ended up ordering mine online). One question, how's the cart's power? I ask because with almost every 2-stroke conversion I've read about, helped with, etc the cart seems to run better with the pulsar wires reversed from the diagram, I was wondering if you encountered the same issue at all with the 4-stroke (just for the record). Glad to hear you're rolling again!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #15
bajamanjc
Not Yet Wild

Issue solved, it was the wires running from the crank to the ignition box. Apparently there was a bad connection and it was shorting out. Strong spark now...thanks again for the advise.
bajamanjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
Robert Yow
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Brewcity, I did switch the wires after I got it running and the motor would't rev up at all. So I put them back like I described in the previous post. It seems to run great, I haven't had the cart long so I didn't get to run it much before it quit firing. I want to run it against someone elses cart and see how it does though.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #17
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

That's good to know - I'll add the wiring config that you used to the "sticky" for the 2-stroke HEI conversion so anyone doing a 4-stroke conversion will have the correct config.

As to a test run, if you don't have another cart handy, you could always use (or borrow) a GPS and use that to estimate your speed (that seems to be the generally accepted measure in the cart world) - then start a new thread with your cart info and results and I'm SURE you'll get plenty of numbers and stories for comparison
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO