lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cold Air Intake Install 2pg

I just installed a cold air intake on my 88 marathon 2pg robin engine. The parts I used are available at Orielly Auto Parts. 1.Air Filter #SPT 9132 ( this is a re-useable filter that you recharge with the kit) 2.Coupler #SPT 8751 ( comes in different colors with clamps 3" x 2 1/2 " ends 3.Intake tube #SPT 8708 ( Chrome 2 1/2 " both ends) On the intake tube it has 2 slight flares on each end. I cut one end off at the flare and left the other end alone. The end with the flare goes into the filter end leaving about 2" for the coupler 3" end to slid over (it's a tight fit so you don't need the large clamp) The 2 1/2" of the coupler goes onto the breather end of the carb which is 2 1/2 " but the rubber coupler will slide on to it and clamp down with the small clamp. WA LA!! cold air intake!!Since I work for Orielly it cost me $22.81 for all parts. I tried it out and it does make a difference in the top end speed of the engine.Once the coupler, intake tube and filter are together you shouldn't be able to see the chrome intake tube since this is what holds the two together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4382.jpg (102.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4383.jpg (53.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4384.jpg (201.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4387.jpg (187.0 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4389.jpg (158.2 KB, 66 views)
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cold Air Intake Install 2pg

That all looks very clean but I am curious, what is that next to the air filter? Solenoid? relay? flasher unit for indicators? Pray tell.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It's a flasher unit for the lights that go around the top of the canopy,,red in the rear and yelllow up front and one of each on either side. Wanted to make sure the grand boys would be seen when they are in it. Also has them around the lower part of the body that stay on steady.
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

Lane nice clean look my try it later on mineSure happy to see you answered Daves question about the flasher PRAY TELL it would keep him up all night! What a hawk eye!
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO