lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2021, 03:27 PM   #1
PD4
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 91 EZGO 3pg - Just Top End Rebuild Needed?

I have my 91 ezgo 3pg engine out, and the piston is shot. I purchased the cart a year ago and it ran great for awhile, then started giving me trouble. When I finally pulled the motor, I noticed there was no head gasket at all, which likely led to the broken ring and damaged piston. Also have a little bit of damage at the top of the cylinder. I'm wondering (hoping) all I need is a top end rebuild. I've attached some pictures. This is my first time posting and first time working on this engine, so I'm a bit clueless, though I've gleaned enough from this forum to actually get the engine out and take a look. What exactly should I look for to determine if the bottom end is okay? I'm also in need of a new reed cage, but I hear they are ridiculously hard to find. I ordered the smaller banshee reed cage someone else on this forum had rigged and will see what I can do with that. But if anyone has an OEM, that'd be ideal. Thanks in advance for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1568.jpg (209.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1567.jpg (216.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1566.jpg (209.6 KB, 0 views)
PD4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3pg, ezgo, robins, top end
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO