lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
duramax
Gone Wild

Default artic cat utv

hey im looking at a new 2014 artic cat wild cat side by side. their are very few dealers here in florida mostly bass pro. i was wondering how reliable they are & can they handle deep mud & water? i want something sporty not a 40mph paper weight. also looking at the polaris rzr 900 but they are about $3500 more. we have a 2007 yamaha 700 grizzly that has been to hell & back never in the shop & everything works like new. just looking for that type of dependibility anyone have experience with artic cats utv's
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: artic cat utv

Huge Polaris fan here, but the newer RZRs aren't what they should be IMO. Waaay too many issues I hear about from folks who own them and folks who work on them. Never heard much about the Arctic Cats though...
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:40 AM   #3
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

I have a riding buddy who has owned an Artic Cat 400 ATV since new. He has beat the snot out of it. He's swamped it many time and broke his share of axles and other things but overall I'd say it has been a good running machine considering what it's been through. I ride Kawai and have owned Yami's so I don't have any personal experience with Artic Cat but I know somebody who swears by them. You should probably seriously consider the Artic Cat. A difference of $3500 is huge IMO and you could use that $3500 to make one bad azz Artic Cat.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #4
jeff70
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I went out a few weeks ago with a group of friends, there were 2 wildcats in the group. they did pretty well in the snow, mud, and rocks, I was riding in my boss/friends XP900 and in my opinion the RZR is head and shoulders above the wildcat. I don't own either but if I did it would be the RZR
jeff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #5
duramax
Gone Wild

thanks for the input i have done alot of reading on both & this is what i found artic cat has 2 much power for the clutch -belt system people are snaping belts about every 20 hours & warr doesnot cover that. they also have alot of eletrical problems with over charging the battery & causing it to catch fire or explode. bass pro is bad about warr work & takes 4-6 weeks to get them fixed from what i have read. polaris rzr 900 has many problems over 141 complaints mostly about blowen up motors before 6 mo. warr is up.then polaris says they wont cover it cause the airfilter was dirty not changed enough.$5000 new motor is your problem. they also get very hot & can melt the bottom of the seats & gas tank & some have caught fire as result. this sucke cause i like features on both but i dont want to spend $18k on junk. going to go look at yamaha to see what they have never had 1 problem with their product. 15 yr old yamaha generator still starts on 1st pull & runs all day.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:52 PM   #6
jeff70
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yamaha Makes some **** fine machines, the same friend with the RZR HAS A 06 Rhino that thing is a beast, we have used it for years Deer and Elk hunting. The only problem with the Yamaha is you wanted a Sporty unit. I haven't seen their new line but all the ones I have seen are more of the workhorses of the UTV crowd. But if and when I do get a side by side a Yamaha is #1 on my list. I mostly putt around the hills hunting and fishing so they fit the bill perfect. With any of them maintenance is the key, all the guys with wildcats that I know have upgraded their belt and clutching, and on my Bosses RZR we actually added a modified filter system, his stock filter is now used as a secondary air filter, he can open it up after a day at the sand dunes and it is clean as a whistle.
jeff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:50 PM   #7
duramax
Gone Wild

we ended up getting a 2015 can am commander with a 3 yr warr. they have A rating with the bbb & were built like a tank compaired to polaris which uses thin cheep materials & cheep bolts we looked at a 2 week old 2015 polaris & almost every bolt was rusted & the plastic would bend in your hand. not a good start. i never owned a can am so i figured ill give it a try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2661.jpg (162.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2668.jpg (157.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2657.jpg (158.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-03-2015, 09:37 PM   #8
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

CanAm makes some wicked stuff, and they are well engineered machines. Been looking at some ATVs, dad is wanting to get back into one for himself, and the CanAm is his (and my) definite favorite but the price tag is hefty.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
artic cat utv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!