lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
Clubcarpair
Not Yet Wild

Default Double take spartan body question

Hi!

I'm fixing up a 1988 DS. part of that including a Doubletake Spartan body. The installation has gone smoothly, but there is a piece of aluminum tubing with an "L" bracket welded to it that appears to mount to the front bumper, given the fact that the bolt holes line up. But I can't see what it's for. Any ideas? I can post pics later. I forgot to take a pic before leaving for work this morning. Thanks!
Clubcarpair is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Double take spartan body question

I was looking at the same body. I think I was told that a bracket was included to move the stock front bumper up or out to fit closer to the new body. I don't think there is a front body mount on the Spartan like on the stock DS body.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #3
Clubcarpair
Not Yet Wild

It seems like it's good quality. But you are right there is no front mount for the cowl. I've put theverything bracket in question in numerous positions. My bumper fascia bolts from the top onto the bumper. This bracket also appears to go there. Then I have this "L" bracket sticking out which the fascia won't securely fit to. If I put it in with the "L" bracket facing in, it might fit on there, raising that fascia up. But then I'd have the actual bumper exposed. I emailed the manufacturer, but still waiting to hear back from them. But to be fair, it's only been a few hours since I emailed them at the time of this posting.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #4
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just looked at them at a local dealer. One thing I noticed was the front was loose. The dealer said that an L bracket was supplied to support that area but I understood him to say it just fitted against the back side without actually bolting to it. You may have to fabricate something to support it. I really like the body but I would have to come up with a way to fix that problem.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
Clubcarpair
Not Yet Wild

I have an idea for something, but I need to look at it tonight to see if it's feasible. Customer service so far has no idea what I'm talking about. They're describing another spacer block that's meant for non lifted carts running oversized rims. I need to send yhem a pic after work.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #6
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Awhile back I saw a thread about a 96 DS. mgray70 posted some pics of a DS that he used a spartan body on. You might contact him and see if he did anything to solve the problem. Here's the thread,

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...d-project.html
Old 03-14-2017, 05:22 AM   #7
Clubcarpair
Not Yet Wild

I figured it out late last night while playing in the garage when I should've been sleeping. Lol I had to drill 2 extra holes since my fascia mounts from the top.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:25 PM   #8
Clubcarpair
Not Yet Wild

Here are some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170313_230941.jpg (161.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170313_231005.jpg (245.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170313_231835.jpg (238.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170313_232928.jpg (275.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-14-2017, 07:06 PM   #9
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

The cart that I saw had the front bumper tucked up closer to the body than your picture shows. Is it possible to turn that square bracket upside down and getting the bumper up a little higher?
Old 03-14-2017, 11:21 PM   #10
Clubcarpair
Not Yet Wild

The way it is right now, it's providing support to the front of the cowl. And if I were to move it higher, I'll be exposing the bumper plate the bracket is mounted to. I attached a cropped pic showing the mounted bumper. What I thought about doing is painting the circled portion of the bracket flat black to make it somewhat less obvious. The gap doesn't bother me anywhere near what that exposed metal does. At least now that I think about it. Kind of reminds me of a girl wearing a strapless dress with a bra that isn't. Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170314_231525.jpg (687.7 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car