lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
BowHunterFett
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-GO Marathon driven clutch bushing

I am looking for the measurements of the driven clutch bushing for my '86 marathon. I want to make sure my clutch is not too worn out to be repaired. I can not find this information anywhere online, so I hope someone can help me out.
BowHunterFett is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO Marathon driven clutch bushing

Check the condition of the shaft as well,they usually wear badly,and a new bushing won't help much.If you know a machinist,have them turn the shaft down,then make a bushing to fit the reworked shaft.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
BowHunterFett
Not Yet Wild

No, not really. Why do that if the $20 bushing that is for this problem will work? If I can get the measurements to see if it is wore too much, I can go which ever direction is needed. I don't want to order the bushing and have it be a waste of my money. The shaft does not seem to be worn, but, the other side may possiblty be, but I have no idea without the measurement. I hope someone can help me get the information I am asking for.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If its' worn,you will see it,no measuring needed.They usually get a step worn into them where the bushing rides.If its' smooth and straight,its' OK.I don't know the measurements,all the ones I have are worn bad.You can measure the area where the bushing doesn't ride,I'm assuming that the factory bushing-clearance is only a few thousandths at best(I would guess .002"-.004").Much more than that and its' gonna wobble.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
BowHunterFett
Not Yet Wild

exactly. C.O. I need to know the measurements of the bore, to know if I order a bushing, it will fit in there or just fall out. The shaft does not show wear, like I said, but there is no bushing in the bore. I am still looking for the answer to my question.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
BowHunterFett
Not Yet Wild

I really hope someone can help answer my question. Does anyone have a new bushing they could measure? Or does anyone have a service manual and does it have the info in it? Anyone have the answers?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
racin161
Gone Wild

Bow first I wouldn't think even a service manual would have the bushing diamentions just part numbers or amount of movement limitations that would require replacement of the bushing. From past experience I don't think they want you to make your own there in the biz to sell parts as your aware I'm sure. With that said 90 is right on if you would like to make your own bushing which would require measuring the good part of the shaft for the OD +.002-.004 for clearance for the ID of your bushing - then the ID of the clutch and add +.002 for your press fit. Then you have your working diamentions. OR just buy one. Sorry if this don't answer your question but that's how I would go about making one.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
BowHunterFett
Not Yet Wild

I would like to avoid a machine shop bill. I am sure it will be $100+ I hope I can just BUY the CORRECT bushing that IS SOLD for these clutches, but want to be sure my bore is not worn too much before I order one. That is the answer I am looking for. Forget machine shops, that is an obvious option, and the last option on my list. I need to know what the bore should measure. Any mention of a machine shop is not even close to answering my question.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
dmilner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Maybe if you contact EZGO they will send you their engineering drawings...
dmilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #10
BowHunterFett
Not Yet Wild

I shot one off the other day, no response yet. I am just hoping that someone has a bushing and can get me a measurement!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO