lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2020, 12:45 PM   #151
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Basic Nissan Leaf 7 module Lithium setup with Generic Chinese BMS

There are lots of ways to create a box to protect the pack, but if You are building a 7 module pack I think the $60 box from TechDirect saves a lot of fabrication time:

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2020, 03:15 PM   #152
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I used clear Lexan. Unbreakable. And easily drilled without cracking. Also used in the cart tub as a water shield from the rear wheels

IMG_3795.jpg
IMG_3794.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 03:48 PM   #153
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Lexan is good stuff.....and pretty indestructible. I have a piece that is my roof. I've covered it with camo vinyl stick on sheet. I've smacked and whacked a lot of low hanging small tree limbs and this stuff just doesn't break!!

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:20 AM   #154
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Glad to say batteries are on the way! BMS on the way and I have 90% of the other needed items. I'll be working on this for the next month and a half around my work and travel plans.

A couple of questions as i continue to educate myself, do the BMS wires have to be the same length? I have noticed from reading this forum on several builds they have not been kept the same length.

Sergio, it appears you have a fuse on the positive battery cable attached to the stud. If so, what size fuse? How do you determine this fuse size? I see many builds use a 400 amp fuse.

Thanks again for all the guidance.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:54 AM   #155
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You should try to get the BMS tap wires reasonably within the same length since you are trying to keep the cells balanced to a few hundredths of a volt of each other.

Make sure each tap wire is also properly crimped to the ring terminal.

The fuse is the original that came with the Alltrax controller, I think it is a 300 amp.

Those fuses are slow blow and will not open until more than twice that current, the main purpose is to isolate the pack in case of a short.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:00 AM   #156
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

BMS voltage sense wire length is not critical as there is no current draw on them when the voltages are being measured. (at least there should not be) My own design BMS does not sense voltage during balancing when the BMS is drawing an amp through the sense wire. It turns off balancing for a second to measure the voltage during balancing.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:44 PM   #157
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

while i'll probably never convert to lithium (new fla last yr) i just read thru this whole thread, today. the knowledge on this forum is amazing. sergio has answered every question very thoroughly, posted schematics and diagrams. volt_ampere kicked in when needed. you guys are pretty amazing, as is this forum
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 02:41 PM   #158
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn386 View Post
[emoji106]+1 on Drew his work is sweet! He did these for me. He also does covers but my aluminum covers came from elsewhere. Don't mind some of the temp stuff I did to get charging/testing on bench.
Thanks, that looks sweet. Might have to hit you up for info on splitting the pack

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #159
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

7 Leaf Batteries arrived today. I realized I need a more precise multimeter as mine only measures to one decimal place. I don't want to spend the kind of money a Fluke would cost so does anyone have a good recommendation for a meter below $100?

All but 2 cells measured 3.9v and one fluctuated to 3.8 and the other to 4.0. What do you guys think, should I go ahead and parallel these to balance or wait till I get a better meter for a better reading?

I got a good deal on these from Tech Direct. I think because they all have the bracket on them. I have seen several pictures where packs have at least one of these brackets. I don't think it will interfere with anything.

While I wait on the box and buss bars, which I ordered, separately, I will pick up the 5/16 all thread tomorrow and bundle them together. I think this should be fine without any end plates since they are Gen 2. I understand those only have to be held at the corners. Right????

The BMS is due mid June from China even though it has already left China via plane on June 2nd, it just hasn't landed in this country yet according to the tracking info Aliexpress shares.

I have begun wiring the HV and LV relays in the box. Moving slowly but that is fine if I can have completed by July 15th I will be a happy camper.

Anyone see anything amiss or have any suggestions at this point. Thanks to all who contribute you have inspired me to try this build.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:23 PM   #160
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I would wire 'em up to balance for now. It can't hurt to let them self-balance. Wire 'em up as I did in the pic below.....but don't forget (as I did in the pic below).....and I did a few days later.....to wire all the middle terminals together.

The wire I used was a light gauge......but I left 'em wired up for a few weeks while waiting for the other "stuff" to come.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car