lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2022, 08:40 PM   #1
jbbaird440
Not Yet Wild

Default What have I bought?!

Hi, new member looking for help identifying a vehicle I just bought... vanguard 16hp, 3 speed + reverse with clumsy shifter below seat to driver's left. 50/50 chance the dump bed was not original and almost certain the the "The Hauler" decals on bed side are not. Grill clearly meant to look like a Willis jeep and square tube brush guard fits so well I'd bet it is stock and not a backyard add on. No idea what I'm dealing with and whether to just use it till it dies or if it is worth some effort to partially restore,
Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0924.jpg (202.9 KB, 0 views)
jbbaird440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2022, 09:11 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: What have I bought?!

looks like a John Deere Gator

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:12 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Might be an older Cushman or some sort. Look for a serial number tag welded to the frame with a 6 digit number on it. Either front drivers side, or rear passenger side near the end of the frame rail, or on the cross member.

Lost of stuff it could be, but Custom modified is a certainty.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 12:46 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Sure looks like an earlier steel bodied Cushman to me, and the clunky 3 speed shifter beside the driver on the left seems to confirm this. As FairTax says, look for a serial plate with a four or six figure number or both with a hyphen in between. Obviously it appears to be modified on the front.

Early models had a four digit serial number, later models had a six figure number hyphenated with a four digit number and even later models had just a six digit number as far as I can recall, which was difficult to determine year of manufacture. The four figure number in either case used the first two digits as the date code.

The Cushman brothers started out making small utility trucks to order and customers specification, so none of the early ones were really built to a single standard. Later models were built as a basic unified design and then accessorized to customer preference.

I do not recall the 16hp vanguard being fitted as standard so it could well be something else other than Cushman.

This is only information I have gained over the years and may not be entirely accurate.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 12:53 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I was close enough LOL

https://golfcarttips.com/what-year-i...serial-lookup/
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:52 PM   #6
jbbaird440
Not Yet Wild

Thansk for the feedback... I'll get out there and try to confim it is a Cushman.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:22 PM   #7
jbbaird440
Not Yet Wild

Turns out to be a Kimball Hauler J-93... the 16hp Vanguard, the bed and body are original. Runs great, good tires but NO brakes - apparently I need to find Chevy Chevette master cyl. Thanks for all the direction!

Tags
cushman, identify, unknown
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides