lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2022, 07:12 AM   #1
Bernieb
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Turn Signal Lights Problem

Recently installed new LED light set and separately purchased turn signal set on my 2006 Transporter 6. All functions work properly EXCEPT left turn signal activates hazard lights. I disconnected tail lights and that did not solve problem. I tried a new 2-prong LED flasher and that did not help. In the process of trials and errors I fried the brake timer so that is now disconnected waiting for a replacement. Everything still works well without brake lights except for the same left turn signal problem. The turn signal kit is a universal type with two lines going to horn and 7 other lines. I would be fine without the hazard lights if there was some way to disconnect them. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Bernieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2022, 06:59 PM   #2
Bernieb
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Turn Signal Lights Problem

Received my new brake timer relay and installed it. Now hazard lights come on along with left turn signal AND with brake timer relay. Everything else still works fine.
Now what to do???? I could take turn signal actuator off off the steering wheel post and just put it in the glove box and forget about using turn signals OR maybe I should replace the whole turn signal kit. Any other ideas???????
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 05-28-2022, 05:04 PM   #3
Bernieb
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: Club Car Turn Signal Lights Problem

Fixed it!!!!!!! Just needed to wire in a diode to both hot lines going to left rear taillight. Everything now works perfectly. Bought 100 of the diodes for less than $5.00 and still have 98 left in case I buy any more golf carts. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else has the same problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car