lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2022, 04:56 PM   #1
DDNorCal
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G29 (2016) Need better ride - Tires?

Hi All!
Wanting to get a better ride on the golf course in my 2016 YDREX AC (G29). Leaning toward replacing current wheels/lower profile tires with 10" wheels and 205/65-10 Comfort Ride tires. Talked with 3 online stores today. One firmly believes these will fit on the G29, non-lifted. The other two dealers think I need a lift. Anyone have this combo on a 2007-2016 Drive Yamaha? Any issues rubbing?
My cart has lithium batteries and it is riding very harsh without the weight of the lead acid batteries. Better with 8 lbs of air but still not comfortable.
Thx!
DDNorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2022, 05:41 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G29 (2016) Need better ride - Tires?

Did it on a 2007 Ydre, no problems at all. Replacing the rear shocks with the gas cart version probably helps a little against rough ride too. Picture's showing the cart with 205/65-10 on 6" x 10" rims.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210705_151412.jpg (173.5 KB, 0 views)
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:51 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Not sure if the 2016 you have is same suspension as my 2012 and 2009 but it's way too stiff with 300 lbs taken out. I have gas cart shocks on both of mine - and it helps a lot. I have 215-50-12's on one cart and 215-40-12's on the other. The 50's just fit without rubbing and are better for ride quality over the 40's.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:58 AM   #4
DDNorCal
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hi Volt, yes, we have talked about this before. I bought new gas cart shocks for the rear and it improved a bit. Also, running the 205/40-12 tires at 8 lbs. Better but not what I want. Im convinced it is a weight/load problem due to the light lithium battery. It is better if there is a passenger. I ordered the 10” wheels with the 205/65-10 comfort tires. Delivering tomorrow. I think they will fit. Hopefully, will be the answer for on the golf course.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:03 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I am happy with the ride I have now with the gas cart shocks. It's as good as it was with the Lead batteries and stock setup. It does ride best with two people in it and on turf. I like the larger tires and they gave me a couple more mph. The other thing that helped my ride was adjusting the toe. It still has too much camber up front but that's unfortunately not adjustable.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:11 AM   #6
DDNorCal
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Did it on a 2007 Ydre, no problems at all. Replacing the rear shocks with the gas cart version probably helps a little against rough ride too. Picture's showing the cart with 205/65-10 on 6" x 10" rims.
Thx Ojo! I did install the rear shocks from a gas version Yamaha, earlier this year. It was somewhat better. But on the course it can be too jarring if I don’t watch where I’m going. Hopefully the comfort tires will be the final answer.

The lithium battery replacement causes a 250 LB weight loss and the suspension is just not loaded enough. Maybe better if there was 400 lbs of people in the cart. On our course where I live, everyone who owns a cart drive without passengers.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:33 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

During the pandemic in 2020 we were one to a cart during the summer but now we are required to have two to a cart so I always have a passenger when I'm on the course. But I drive more on the local roads than I do on the course so much of my driving is solo. I'm used to the ride now and it's not bad.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:34 AM   #8
DDNorCal
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I am happy with the ride I have now with the gas cart shocks. It's as good as it was with the Lead batteries and stock setup. It does ride best with two people in it and on turf. I like the larger tires and they gave me a couple more mph. The other thing that helped my ride was adjusting the toe. It still has too much camber up front but that's unfortunately not adjustable.
Charlie, thx for the note. Unfortunately, I have been obsessed with this process. I play 3-4 times a week as a single rider. I really have to watch where I drive on my home course or I’ll get hit a hidden French drain and get a huge jolt. Hoping the smaller rims and the 205/65-10 tires will make a big difference. I have even considered getting a bunch of heavy steel plates and put them in the under-seat area…🤪

I would rather concentrate on my golf game without worrying where I am driving…
Old 05-18-2022, 11:39 AM   #9
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:40 AM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I much prefer my lighter cart with lithium! - I would not want to add dead weight to it.

Tags
205/65-10, comfort, rim, tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha