lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2022, 01:46 PM   #1
somfas
Gone Wild

Default EXGO TXT ITS Issues

I am trying to help a friend that has had intermittent problems with their 2000ish EZGO TXT Series cart. Alltrax AXE Controller lights seem fine and the volts seem right. Started think it was the ITS. Today, it measured correctly while the cart was working, but when the cart stopped working, the numbers were off.

It seems cheap enough to just buy a new ITS and replace it. Just want to see if you would replace just the ITS (black piece that surrounds the plunger) or would you replaced other items as well?

Thanks for any help.
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2022, 02:24 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EXGO TXT ITS Issues

There is a 4 wire plug in the harness between the pedal box and the controller. Clean or eliminate the plug before replacing the ITS. Also consider replacing the foot switch.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:34 PM   #3
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks for the feedback ScottyB!!
Old 05-28-2022, 06:30 AM   #4
somfas
Gone Wild

Just an update..... ITS replacement did not solve the problem. Still waiting on the microswitch to arrive.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:34 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

While you are waiting clean or replace the 4 wire plug mentioned earlier with 4 crimp connectors. It is a know problem area.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:25 AM   #6
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks ScottyB. I was finally able to get down there and help in person. I did some troubleshooting from the Stickies posts, and it seems the controller is the issue. The led light on the controller does not turn orange at full throttle. Also, V does not drop to 0 (or at all) between M- and B- as the pedal is depressed.
Old 05-30-2022, 09:07 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
Thanks ScottyB. I was finally able to get down there and help in person. I did some troubleshooting from the Stickies posts, and it seems the controller is the issue. The led light on the controller does not turn orange at full throttle. Also, V does not drop to 0 (or at all) between M- and B- as the pedal is depressed.
Is that a controller problem or is the controller simply reporting the throttle input?
Old 05-30-2022, 09:18 AM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Do as Scotty says. When I see this problem, I always cut off the 4 pin plug and make solder connections and enclose in a watertight cover. You can also use crimp connectors .
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:04 AM   #9
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

These connector pins are subject to Fretting Corrosion. It more likely to cause problems in a connection that has little or no current flow such as the ITS signal. In addition to this problem corrosion can cause cross leakage between the pedal switch voltage and the ITS signal if the connector gets wet.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:09 AM   #10
somfas
Gone Wild

I had checked continuity through the plug and checked for corrosion. I did not remove the plug yet, but will do that. I don't have a problem eliminating it. Will report back. Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO