lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2022, 11:46 AM   #1
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Default Obc by pass

I still have a couple of questions regarding the OBC by pass. I bought a new Summit ll charger. Here is what I did. I joined the two black wires at the back of the OBC Then I cut the white an blue wires that run thru the OBC and joined them together. I then cut the remaining wires from the 6 pin connector and sealed the ends. I plugged the connectors back together. The cart charged perfect. Now the cart will not move. Then I un sealed all of the cut wires and spliced them back together except for the white and blue. The cart still doesn’t move. Could the controller be asleep. Thanks for any help.
hot-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2022, 12:46 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Obc by pass

You need the Blue and White wires connected on the Cart side harness that goes to the controller. Then leave the OBC connector Unplugged.
Pics here that should help: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=164786

That is an older cart, but new carts have the same wire colors and functions, and harnesses are similar in location.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 01:27 PM   #3
hot-shot
Gone Wild

That worked! Can you tell me what the other wires in the six pin connector go to. Also why they are not needed? Just curious. Thanks
Old 05-28-2022, 01:33 PM   #4
hot-shot
Gone Wild

I just unplugged the six pin connector. Cart won’t move? Should I post a couple of photos?
Old 05-28-2022, 02:33 PM   #5
hot-shot
Gone Wild

I think I have it now? I wasn’t connecting the white and blue wire from the controller side. I was connecting the white and blue from the OBC side. Now the six pin connectors are disconnected from each other and the two blacks from the back of the OBC are connected and the white and blue from controller are connected. All good! Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car