lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2022, 01:09 PM   #1
sethirwin
Not Yet Wild

Default Transaxle Case Cracked

I have a 2015 Club Car Precedent Gas cart. The transaxle case has a very long crack in it. It’s part number 103882102, see attached pic. I searched the whole net looking for one in stock. Many places showed “in stock” but when I called none of them were in fact in stock. They all told me this part was discontinued. My local cart repair shop luckily had one. It’s there now getting replaced. I could have done this myself but I have too many irons in the fire at this point…. So, to my question, how do I keep from this happening again? Is this a common occurrence? I’m concerned that if it happens again I won’t be so lucky finding a replacement case.

I am going to have the cracked case PMI tested “material identification” to find the P number and then and then find the correct tig welding procedure. Weld filler, preheat, dye pen checks for cracks, slow cool down I’m sure, etc. I’m assuming this is cast aluminum so the odds of getting all the cracks out is probably very low. I was also going to install flat bar perpendicular to the crack every 1” for support.

I hope this was just a fluke and doesn’t happen again though. I’m wondering if there is some sort of misalignment or something going on with the axles to the case. We weren’t driving it off road or anything out of the ordinary. It’s a cruising cart for the street. It does have a normal lift and std tires that I have seen on many carts.

Thanks for the help in advance!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 945D6D79-9CA4-4987-80DC-D06517C942EF.jpg (6.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 9657FCA0-618E-4FAB-B2BD-775A0CD5B148.jpg (17.4 KB, 0 views)
sethirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2022, 02:42 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Transaxle Case Cracked

Wow. I’ve beat these carts up pretty hard and never had a cracked case or anything like that. Either something went horribly wrong internally or it was just a fluke. But if something failed catastrophically to create damage like that I’m sure it would have been pretty obvious
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cracked case, cracked differential case, cracked rearend
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car