lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2022, 04:21 PM   #1
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 2011 TXT not charging

Daughter and SIL dropped cart off, after the cart stopped running on the way over.

Hooked up the charger, it cycles the fan/charger on/off, the fan doesn't stay on constantly
the lights are yellow, red then green. Batteries are not charged after being on all night.

Thoughts on what to look for as to why it's not charging, it was previously, any steps to go through to diagnose, common problems would be appreciated.
hrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2022, 05:36 PM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2011 TXT not charging

I would start checking the batteries. Partially discharged batteries will keep golf cart chargers from working if the voltage gets too low. Get your voltmeter and make some measurements.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 08:00 PM   #3
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Just did, proper readings for each battery, and total voltage across the pack is 37

Took a normal 12v charger to the first two batteries in series, shows fully charged.

They were driving it over, it had been on the charger at their home, it's a 1 mile trip if that.

Lights work, 12V led kit fully bright.

when depressing the accelerator - nothing, hear the mechanical movement but nothing from there
and no movement
Old 05-28-2022, 09:09 PM   #4
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk View Post
Just did, proper readings for each battery, and total voltage across the pack is 37
I thought the TXT went to 48 volt in 2010. Yours has six 6 volt batteries?
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:29 PM   #5
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

I might be a bit older than 11, that's what they told me it was, however it's a 36 v cart
Old 05-29-2022, 08:08 AM   #6
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Do the LED lights get their voltage from tapping across two batteries or do you have a voltage reducer? Connect voltmeter across the battery 37 volts and see what the voltage does when you try to charge them. Also check the 37 volts when you press the accelerator.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:39 AM   #7
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Two batteries for the lights, they are on a separate harness to a switch, fused, switch is in the off position haven't detected a draw on the batteries when off.

When pressing the accelerator the voltage remains 37.7 it doesn't drop, same for the charger.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:52 AM   #8
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't understand why the charger will not charge the batteries assuming the charger is good. It is seeing battery voltage when you plug it into cart or it would not try to turn on. I understand why the cart will not move if you don't hear the solenoid energize when the pedal is pressed. More advanced troubleshooting is required. Next voltage measurements will need to be made around the solenoid connections. The small connections should have voltage on them when the key is turned on. The voltage on one should drop when the pedal is pressed. At least one of the big terminals should have battery voltage on them as long as batteries are connected. I have limited experience with golf cart problems. Trying to keep it simple. You measured 37.7 volts with the charger plugged in. Did the voltage increase .7 volts from the previous recorded 37 volts?
Old 05-29-2022, 04:16 PM   #9
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

I believe the charger isn't charging because the batteries are fully charged.

I measured 37.7 nothing plugged in
also measured 37.7 depressing the accel pedal
Old 06-01-2022, 01:52 PM   #10
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Try another charger.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO