lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car 1991 Compression Specs

I have a 1991 Club Car Carry All II. I am thinking it is the KF82 engine. What should the compression reading be on this engine? I am showing 90psi. It does not change when I squirt oil in the cylinder. It does not seem to be getting fuel and when I pull the fuel line off the fuel seems to be pulsing. I have cleaned the carb and checked every jet hole. The carb is perfectly clean. I also checked float level and set it low, but it does not seem to draw fuel. I am leaning towards compression. If I spray carb cleaner in the air intake it fires. Does not seem very strong though. I even tried to gravity feed the float bowl but fuel does not get drawn into the carb. I took the carb off and cleaned and blew out with air hose and reinstalled with the same result.
wdysf1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2017, 05:40 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car 1991 Compression Specs

Official compression rating according to the manual is 100psi. If you have 90psi I think your compression is fine and is likely not your issue.

Have you confirmed that you have good spark?

When the cart won't fire after cycling for 10 or 12 seconds, pull the plug immediately and see if it's wet with fuel.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:20 AM   #3
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I have spark. The plug does not seem to be wet. Thanks for the compression reading. Without a service manual it makes it impossible. Is the top port that hose goes on an overflow? It just seems the bowl is not filling up enough to draw fuel. I have had it apart twice and the jets and carb are pristine. I cleaned for giggles and cleaned all of the orifices and can see all the ports. I tried to gravity feed the carb with another tank but it is not taking fuel in at all. I blew the fuel inlet port and left bowl out and fuel seems to come out the port when the float drops. Do you happen to have a parts breakdown of the carb?
Old 06-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

PM Sent.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

You may also want to get some brake cleaner and clean this little brass filter on the side of your fuel pump. If it's clogged, your vacuum-powered fuel pump won't get the air it needs to pump fuel.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #6
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

I think I may have figured out what is going on. I looked at picture at work and I think the person before me inverted the jet in the bowl. #6 is on the bottom instead of the top. That would keep fuel from being drawn into carb.
Attached Images
File Type: png jet.PNG (20.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #7
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Let us know if that ends up being your issue.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #8
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

That was exactly what it was! Now I am trying to get the backfire to stop at high rpm. I am hoping that the person who rebuilt it wasn't off a timing mark off. Could it be the exciting coil? It seems to have a constant spark.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Sounds like your rev limiter kicking in. Is the rpm that it starts backfiring at going to be an rpm you run the cart at on a normal basis?
Old 06-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #10
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

Well, I took the shroud off and there was not a rev limiter. Went back to the basics and put a plug wire on it from the 44 ford tractor and that fixed it. LOL! Looking at the spark through spark tester I would have never guessed it. Runs pretty good for a 91. plug wire looked good but must have broke down. No cracks or anything. I put the old wire back on and it started backfiring and sputtering.

Tags
carry all ii, club car, compression, kf82, specs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car