lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
Busby1981
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 Club Car to Idle

I am new to Golf Carting and I need advise on how to get my 2012 club car to Idle. I don't it shutting off every time I let off the gas. I cruse around town on it and would like it to just stay running at stop signs. 14hp Kawasaki
Busby1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2017, 01:25 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 Club Car to Idle

Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

MAGIC FRIDGE.jpg

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW !!!

They didn't make a 14hp in 2012, You likely have the Kawasaki FE350 engine, which is actually 10.5hp at full (3600) RPM ...

The clutches on that cart aren't really designed to "Idle" in that as soon as the engine starts under it's own power, they are set to almost immediately engage. When You press the pedal that engine takes a second or two to actually "start" (what You're hearing before the cart starts moving is just the engine turning over w the starter, not actually "running").

That said, You can bypass the pedal microswitch and the cart will "turn over" at all times when the key is "on", but that will kill Your battery REALLY fast if You let it sit and turn over without running/charging. You could do this and *very carefully* set the idle higher so that it will stay running when it's turning over, but it's always going to want to creep and that's going to put a LOT of wear on Your clutches, belt, etc unless You move the engine a bit rearward to get more slack on the belt (which will hurt your takeoff power and rob You of top-end speed) OR You could replace the drive clutch with something along the lines of a Comet or ? Clutch with a higher-rpm engagement.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:44 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

FE290 - 9.5hp
FE350 - 11.5hp
FE400 - 13.5hp
OR... the new Suzuki 13.5hp
All come stock in miscellaneous Club Cars...

I'd like to know what model CC you have?
DS?, Precedent?, Carry All?, XRT?...
Yes... they can idle, but the modification differs with the with the model of the cart!

lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car