lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default What Carb would you use on your BB?

So I put a 32mm pumper CV on my clone 420 with some mods but stock block and internals. It ran nice as could be after richening it up, I saw no or little power increase but not sure it would since it still had the stock cam in it. Had future mods in mind so I left it, it did run smoother and never missed a beat. Now I put the Vegas cam and long rod in, roller rockers, chromo pushrods, honed and new rings on the cut piston. Trying to dial in the carb and its running slow. Made some progress but now think maybe its just not the best choice for this. Power is better than before but I'm told it should be a big difference. Most of the increase I have now is from tying up the spring in the slide so it has less pressure.

So now ordered a pumper slide carb, not a CV. When it shows up I still have to make a flange mount for it and figure out a cable so it may take a bit. This is a 30mm, the stock lawn carb is a 24mm on 420 clones. The Vegas cam lobes are way wider than stock ones, also ran 1.3 ratio stamped rockers and the new roller rockers are also 1.3:1 (stock is 1:1). Only other odd thing is my intake manifold is over a foot long and 32mm.

Just wondering what type carb you think is best for BB engines? I had issues with the 420 lawn carb, flat spots and missing at certain places. I jetted it all over and could not get rid of it completely. Also got more power with a larger main but it ran so bad at low speed I had to go smaller. This is not acceptable because I have some areas I have to go around 10mph steady in to keep everyone happy.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
carburetor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!