lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #11
mrbrandon
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: club car oil blow by question

thanks for the help. My concern is with that nipple out of engine being blocked will it do harm to my freshly rebuilt engine? Does it need to have a inlet/outlet? The other tube off the valve cover just hung down to vent while using the hose from nipple on engine to fuel pump, now I will be using the hose from behind carb and plugging the nipple. Does that make sense? Thanks
mrbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2017, 01:41 PM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrandon View Post
thanks for the help. My concern is with that nipple out of engine being blocked will it do harm to my freshly rebuilt engine? Does it need to have a inlet/outlet? The other tube off the valve cover just hung down to vent while using the hose from nipple on engine to fuel pump, now I will be using the hose from behind carb and plugging the nipple. Does that make sense? Thanks
I don't know that it would cause much harm, if any with this motor. If I were you I'd maybe install a second nipple on that valve cover plate (there should be room) so you can run both that crankcase vent hose and your fuel pump pulse line. From the factory, the vent hose runs across the carb, and into a small hole in the back of the black plastic air cleaner housing (much like a breather hookup on an older car). Or you could just try sticking a hose on the lower nipple and running it up to that same spot so that you still have a vent.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #13
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's where that PVC hose goes (officially):

Old 10-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #14
mrbrandon
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool, thank you for all your help and quick replies.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

So did you get it all worked out?
Old 10-15-2017, 01:41 PM   #16
mrbrandon
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just messed with it today. I ran the fuel pump hose to the outlet off the valve cover just behind the carb and put a nipple plug on the nipple sticking out of the bottom of motor where fuel pump line was originally. Ran cart off and on around the sub for over an hour with no issues and no oil in the relocated fuel pump line and no leaks from the bottom nipple plug. I think were good. Thanks for all the input.
Old 10-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #17
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Sweet!
Old 03-31-2018, 08:27 PM   #18
Glennie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Here's where that PVC hose goes (officially):

So are you saying that I can run the fuel pump using the pvc hose and block off the hose at the bottom of the block? I do know that the pvc hose has a stronger pulse than does the bottom of the block hose. I've been having a similar problem that my 1989 will run for a few minutes, then die. If I were to use the pvc hose for the fuel pump, do I need to run a separate hose from the valve adjustment cover into the air cleaner?
Glennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #19
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

You can run the fuel pump wherever you can get a pulse signal from the crankcase, whether it be on the nipple down low or up higher via the nipple on the valve cover. And yes, if you use the nipple on the valve cover, it would be a good idea to find a way to vent your crankcase via other means and run that hose into the air cleaner housing in the same spot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car