lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2018, 05:46 PM   #1
mlabrie@satx.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

Default dual batteries

I am installing a separate battery for a stereo system as well as a perco switch so I can charge both while running and isolate stereo when stopped. Need to make sure I am wiring correctly
mlabrie@satx.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: dual batteries

How long is it going to be sitting reason I ask is I have a cart with wake board tower speakers with amp head unit and my xm receiver and I can blast it all day on the course with minimal drive time and have never ran it dead
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
mlabrie@satx.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

it could be setting for 2 to 3 hours with amp and four speakers. I don't want to drain the start battery. I really need to know if the black wire coming off the generator that then goes to a black box then on to the positive side of the battery is in fact the charging lead that will go to the perco switch.
mlabrie@satx.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
SooieSauce
Not Yet Wild

Instead of going with 2 batteries I just added a larger one. I can play stereo with 4 speakers for 6+ hours and never had a problem starting.

I also use my carryall for for spraying herbicide with a large sprayer. Before I added the larger battery I would run down the battery when travelling slow. I think the starter was engaged as was the 12v sprayer when I was traveling slow speeds.

More than once with the stock battery I stopped the cart while spraying and had to charge the battery to start it again.
SooieSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:43 AM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I know not everybody can afford an Optima battery, but the blue top is amazing!!!
I really think it does the work of two batteries, it has a long power draw with a rapid recharge....
I am on my second year with this particular battery, I have only drained it once, (trying to restart it after I flooded out trying to cross a creek)
I also run a separate independent fuse block, to run my radio, amp, wench, LED lights. I also keep my ignition wire independent.

Hope this helps......
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car