lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2018, 10:44 AM   #1
jester0618
Not Yet Wild

Default Reviews?

Perhaps I overlooked it, but is there a forum/subgroup for parts reviews?
jester0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2018, 04:20 AM   #2
jester0618
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Reviews?

Well, since nobody replied, guess I'll do it here.
I ordered a custom-inc.com phantom body and standard light kit and a sentry dash kit for my gas club car. The quality is nice, but that's where it ends. The wiring is wrong for a gas car even though it does have specific gas and electric instructions. Be warned on that. I got a tech on the phone who admitted the instructions were wrong, do this. Well, that didn't work. Next thing, it's my cart, not the kit that's messed up.
On to the dash. Parts not included. Nice looking piece, but unless you love drilling holes, making things fit, I'd avoid this one. Again an email to customer support netted me a phone number to a tech who is past retirement age but won't go away. No help.
Anyway, I'm not stuck since nothing stock will fit their phantom body. I have to get fender flares from them. Can't wait for that challenge.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:19 AM   #3
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

So where are you at now? Have you got the body on?
I've never heard anybody complain about the bodies, but I've heard a lot of complaints on making the lights fit and work.....
Sounds Challenging....
You wanted fender flares that anyway..... Admit it
With the fender flares to get an excuse to buy new tires and wheels after much wider LOL.....

Give me a favor and post the pics of the body and the headlights in the dash put some pictures so we can get a better idea.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:42 AM   #4
jester0618
Not Yet Wild

The body fit fine, and the quality was nice. It's the instructions and lack of support. The wiring instructions tell you to install a relay for the headlights. I do not have turn signals. I installed, wired as per directions, but nothing worked. I called the company and was told "instructions are wrong, I hope to someday rewrite them". Gee, thanks. Then the guy proceeds to tell me my cart is wired wrong, hence my non functioning lights.
I think the lights fit fine, but the wiring....well, no ground existed so I made one. I know I should not attach to the frame, but that's where it's at for now.
You bet I want the flares, but am stuck getting theirs.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:42 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

You CAN ground anywhere on the frame with a gas cart,
It's electric carts that you can't!
lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car