lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2018, 01:13 PM   #1
Chad.d23
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 ezgo dcs all new parts wont run

97 ezgo dcs cart died started throwing parts at it have relaced every thing new it will run 10-15 second then die 10-15 min later it will run few seconds and die did sum test with the dvm and came up with the b+ on the controler would go to ground when the cart would die as soon as pack volt is back to b+ is when the cart will go again tell it goes back to ground any ideas maybe bad new part-parts?
Chad.d23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 ezgo dcs all new parts wont run

Can you be a little more specific than everything is new?

Right now it sounds like a battery problem or a stock controller going into thermal cut off.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
Chad.d23
Not Yet Wild

New motor new controler new kew switch new f/r switch new throtle sensor in the floor and new accelerator micro switch next to it a new run tow switch a new solenoid new resistor on the solenoid the fuse off the charging port
Old 05-23-2018, 03:49 PM   #4
Chad.d23
Not Yet Wild

Newer batteries discharged at 93 min
Old 05-23-2018, 05:49 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay, What motor, what controller, what solenoid?
Old 05-23-2018, 06:43 PM   #6
Chad.d23
Not Yet Wild

All were stock oem ordered by vin not sure from where i can check that out tomorrow
Old 05-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #7
Chad.d23
Not Yet Wild

Parts ordered from nivel parts catalog
Old 05-24-2018, 03:05 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A most common complaint of the stock controller is that when used for activity other than golf it will get hot & go into thermal shut down until it cools... then it will go again util it heats up again and repeats this cycle. Do you have big tires, hills, extra passengers?
Old 05-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #9
Chad.d23
Not Yet Wild

I guess I need to give a little more details, I have recently started workn for my father in law who ownes a small golf cart repair shop hes old and only kinda knows club cars and his method to fixing is this is what all ways goes wrong so were gonna put this part in and when that dont work he usually gives up on fixing it unless the customer wants to throw more money at it now that im there i like to find the problem then fix it and I've been learning a lot most from reading on here and just plain working on the carts but the last cart you guys just help me fix and this one is giving me grief . Now back to the cart, it is lifted, big tires hilly golf courses and it was brought into him with the run for a min then die so he said “o thats a controller” ordered a controller same thing then he put a new solenoid in then motor in same result and from there he did the rest of the switches, then i started a couple days after he had put it all in so my first job was tryn to figure it out. i had done lots of lookn on how to test every thing and all tested good tell it starts to die and the b+ on controller starts to go to ground and once it goes all the way to ground is when it quits and more u keep playn with it the faster it goes to ground. let it sit over nite the longer it takes to go to ground

Tags
dcs, ezgo, wont go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO