lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #11
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lift kit

Unless they look like this one Club Car did, I don't want it.

Ride doesn't change with a spindle lift. ALL it does is drop the location of the hub. You still have all your factory suspension mounted to your factory frame, which remains intact.

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #12
floorin04
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCOOL View Post
am i the only one here who belives in factory ride.... how much are yall paying for the jakes lift?

****** YOUR GOING TO GET ME TO CUT UP A FRAME YET.The curious side of me trying to figure out what the other side of lifts are like
floorin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #13
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

cut frames are easy and just scare alot of people because they hear frame and cut in the same sentence...in my opinion they are stronger...they ride better...they steer better..yes a altered spindle does change they way a vehicle rides as far as steering goes...... a billion dollar company called club car inc. agrees with me on this
IAMCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #14
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I have to agree with IAMCOOL. With a Z-lift you ARE NOT changing the front steering geometry. Its all staying factory with the exception of being lower to allow for larger tires. Jakes makes a very high quality lift. I'm not saying all other types of lifts are bad but some "other" lifts are very poorly engineered or welded together by the lowest bidding fab shop. I dont like spindle lifts that are welded together, for the simple reason every weld joint is another point of failure. Would a automobile manufacturer weld together a spindle?...Don't think so.

I myself have built a welded spindle....I also have been welding for all of my life. Thats how I make my living. BUT! I would never sell or make a welded spindle for someone else.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

i have never used jakes... i build and use my own and buy from a company that also does z braket and s plates....how much does a 4 inch jakes cost for a club car and where do u guys get em and i will try one if the cost recommends it over cut frame
Old 09-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #16
club car man
Ford

Go with Jakes! All of the Z-Lift carts I have ridden sway a LOT. And I just love how you have to do somethin with your front bumper; it looks sooo good.

club car man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #17
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Personally, I like how you pay for ground clearance, hence the lift, but don't get it except through your tires. Seems like a good idea to me!
Old 09-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #18
club car man
Ford

If you hate these lifts so much Aaron, why are you puttin one on your cart now?
club car man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:12 PM   #19
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I'm not. Why would I ruin my frame? There is nothing wrong with it. If it were bent or cracked, I might consider hurting it some more by Z-lifting it, but we'll wait until the rest of the cart is totaled before ruining the frame too.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:56 PM   #20
IAMCOOL
Gone Wild

ok nono.and ccman..im not really worried about the repercussion of this post but you are very uneducated on the subject of golf carts,,,,cut frames do not sway...you are a liar...thay cannot sway unless the front end of the cart was worn out before...there is no way possible for a perfectly fine cart to have a pro built z lift installed by someone with an iq higher than the cart to sway... not possible.as far as the front end... unless you have knowledge in building and fab work dont try to rig up a z lift... thats dumb... did you try to fab your own spindle lift...no because you cant.... just because you have some metal in your yard doesnt make you a custom cart builder...real zlifts include a nice diamond plate cover that also allows for custom bumpers... do your research and lastly cut frame lifts done right strengthen the frame......not weaken them....i am not mad at you just fed up with ignorance
and for the ground clearance issue... measure your rear end clearance...ha ha ha ....tire height differance only.......iamcool...these front ends dont look anything like the ones you listed,,,these are nice write?????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car