lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #11
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1995 Club Car DS Upgrade Gone Wrong

Dan, Don't feel bad...we all are "learning as we go". ScottyB or some of the other experts will lead you where to go. That's what so great about BGW, good honest advice and help.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2020, 09:54 PM   #12
Dlab
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kendall View Post
Hi scottyb - yes, it will jump and take off fast when I press on the accelerator about 1/4 of the way. Maybe the throttle needs to be calibrated with the controller? I've never done this before so I'm learning as I go.
I had this issue when I upgraded my DS. Scotty was kind enough to help me out, since I bought all the parts from him

But it sounds like you have the same issue I had. Install the Alltrax Toolbox onto a laptop, connect the appropriate printer cord to it, and set the correct throttle you have. I forgot what exactly I accidentally set mine on fooling with the tool box, but it did the same thing until I set it to the proper setting for the pot box setup I have.
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #13
Dan Kendall
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I just checked my cart, nothing is heating up and I can get slow speeds when pushing on the accelerator a little and speed goes up the more I push down. I connected a meter and I'm getting 51.0 volts on my pack, drops down to 49 to 48 when throttle is open and cart at full speed (for a few minutes) then I lose power, batteries stay at 50 to 51 volts. I let it sit for a little while and I get the same thing.

I haven't checked the controller program, I need to get a laptop and download the Alltrax application.
Dan Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:43 PM   #14
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

One thing you need to do is ditch the Duracells for good batteries. They're Duracell in name only (actually are made by Exide, the same maker of those garbage Rural Kings I deal with on a daily basis) and will only cause burned controllers and lost money on replacing burned cables and other parts. NEVER skimp on batteries. Especially on a solid state cart.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 07:47 AM   #15
Sideways
Gone Wild

Duracell batteries are manufactured by East Penn, (aka- Deka)
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:38 AM   #16
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

East Penn/Deka are usually pretty good batteries, no?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #17
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlab View Post
I had this issue when I upgraded my DS. Scotty was kind enough to help me out, since I bought all the parts from him

But it sounds like you have the same issue I had. Install the Alltrax Toolbox onto a laptop, connect the appropriate printer cord to it, and set the correct throttle you have. I forgot what exactly I accidentally set mine on fooling with the tool box, but it did the same thing until I set it to the proper setting for the pot box setup I have.
You did the right things so far (checking all connections, testing batteries under loads), I tend to agree with Dlab. That would be the next thing I would investigate.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:19 PM   #18
Dan Kendall
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks all, I'll try the adjusts on the controller. My question though... the install docs I got with Alltrax says that I should not have to make any changes unless I need to. Again I'm a novice with golf carts and I'm learning on the fly;
Thank you all for your help!!
Old 06-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #19
Dan Kendall
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello all,

So I finally got under the golf cart and took out the throttle control. See the pictures. I can't find one of these anywhere. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210604_130032.jpg (134.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210604_130014.jpg (85.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210604_130006.jpg (99.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-05-2021, 09:03 PM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kendall View Post
Hello all,

So I finally got under the golf cart and took out the throttle control. See the pictures. I can't find one of these anywhere. Any suggestions?
That part is obsolete. You will need an MCOR 4 conversion kit.

Contact site sponsor Dave at "Revolution Golf Cars." I'm pretty sure he is the only one here who sells the whole kit, and it is not a cheap Chinese knockoff.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car