lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2021, 10:26 PM   #1
craig_kern@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Default cart speed surges with full thotle

I have 1994 club car which used to be a 36v system, I have upgraded it to a 48v with a SR48500 motor controller, and using the original 36v motor, which the cart ran fine, i Just installed new shocks, breaks and a slightly larger tire (from 18 x 8.5 x 8 to 20 x 8 x , just prior to doing the work I power washed the battery and underneath of cart, now as i press full throttle the cart takes off fast, spinning rear tires, after a few seconds it starts to slow down then tries to speed back up, back and forth and kinda just rolls along slowly, a lot slower than what it was before the installing new shocks tires and breaks. The baterries are lest than a year old, (new when i upgraded to the 48v and new controller, selinoids, cables, footpedal, is there any way of trouble shooting the motor controller.
craig_kern@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2021, 08:49 AM   #2
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: cart speed surges with full thotle

If it ran fine before you power washed it then I would say something got wet that shouldn't have. I washed the batteries in my 99 Club car last fall and it wouldn't run for a day or so until everything dried out.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:55 PM   #3
craig_kern@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

yeah, but is there a way to test the motor controler, some sort of computer diagnostics
Old 02-06-2021, 05:08 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

It sounds like your 0 to 5k throttle (whichever type you have) has gotten moisture inside. Dry it out with a heat gun and see if that helps.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 12:04 PM   #5
craig_kern@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

I found the problem, when I was putting the inner fender back on, I pinched one of the solenoide wires between the bolt head and the cart frame, it was the solenoide connected to the foot throtle.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:30 PM   #6
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Glad you are back up and running, also thank you for posting the solution as it may help others with similar issues.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car