lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2021, 12:04 PM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Digital Battery Meter

You're very welcome!

BTW, make sure the ring terminals on the battery positive and negative terminals are placed above the main power terminals, not under them. You can stack terminals on the battery posts but always make sure the mains are on the bottom.

I always tighten the 1/2" battery terminal bolts with a nutdriver instead of a socket. You won't overtighten them that way.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2021, 09:12 AM   #12
lambo678
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
You're very welcome!

BTW, make sure the ring terminals on the battery positive and negative terminals are placed above the main power terminals, not under them. You can stack terminals on the battery posts but always make sure the mains are on the bottom.

I always tighten the 1/2" battery terminal bolts with a nutdriver instead of a socket. You won't overtighten them that way.
Thank you!

I'm expecting my Onward to be delivered in the next couple of weeks. I found this forum, and it is full of ideas.
lambo678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:55 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambo678 View Post
Thank you!

I'm expecting my Onward to be delivered in the next couple of weeks. I found this forum, and it is full of ideas.
If it helps, I just accidentally bought a DS a couple days ago I just got the enclosure, light kit, and battery meter for it. I will probably install it this weekend, it’s not a precedent but I can take pics along the way if it helps when I install it.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 05:38 PM   #14
SoFLCart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If it helps, I just accidentally bought a DS a couple days ago I just got the enclosure, light kit, and battery meter for it. I will probably install it this weekend, it’s not a precedent but I can take pics along the way if it helps when I install it.
I would like to see the process in pictures.
SoFLCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:04 PM   #15
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

My DS was given to us when my father in law passed but I might have to accidentally buy another one 😅
BballBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:18 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballBeast View Post
My DS was given to us when my father in law passed but I might have to accidentally buy another one 😅
I wasn’t looking for a 3rd golf cart… I’ve already got 2 other club cars… but sometimes you happen across a deal you can’t say no. Is there a ten step program for this?
Old 11-19-2021, 02:19 PM   #17
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just got mine from Carts Unlimited on Wednesday. Thanks to your posts I got the green to easily be seen since I only really use the cart in the daytime.Thanks to the new volt meter and reading some threads I’m noticing my refurbished batteries suck! Riding them out ,Next time I’m going new .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8CEA7EC9-4603-41AA-A703-3B5FA9BE2CFA.jpg (221.8 KB, 0 views)
Coronadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:02 PM   #18
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Is there a ten step program for this?
In fact there is:

1] See it
2] Like it
3] Want it
4] N/A
5] N/A
6] N/A
7] N/A
8] N/A
9] N/A
10] Buy it

Works for me!
Old 11-19-2021, 04:39 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
In fact there is:

1] See it
2] Like it
3] Want it
4] N/A
5] N/A
6] N/A
7] N/A
8] N/A
9] N/A
10] Buy it

Works for me!

Problem is, that’s how I have ended up with 6-7 carts (or more) at a time before. Difference is, in Georgia I had 20 acres and a 30x30 workshop behind my house to put them in. Now I’m in Michigan, it’s cold, I live in a subdivision, and I’ve got a 2 car garage to keep them in. I gotta stay off of craigslist
Old 11-19-2021, 06:22 PM   #20
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Problem is, that’s how I have ended up with 6-7 carts (or more) at a time before. Difference is, in Georgia I had 20 acres and a 30x30 workshop behind my house to put them in. Now I’m in Michigan, it’s cold, I live in a subdivision, and I’ve got a 2 car garage to keep them in. I gotta stay off of craigslist
If you have an HOA, go to the next meeting and simply ask for permission to put up a metal barn large enough to fit your needs! Explain to them how important golf carts are to you.

My problem is the barn is full with one golf cart and numerous other toys like lawn and garden equipment. The doors swing in so I can leave them open. This cuts off the front 6 feet of usable space.

But if someone were to "accidentally" drop off a CC (heck, any brand) golf cart in my driveway, I would be forced to leave some of my toys outside. Or maybe turn the hinges around so the doors will swing out.

Yeah, I could live with that!

P.S. If you ever get sick of the cold and want to move back to Camden County, we'll leave the light on for you!

Last edited by Tom47; 11-19-2021 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: P.S.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car