lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2022, 02:32 PM   #1
Glory_to_Offler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Lift Kit and tires for horse pasture

Hi !

Please excuse my bad english, i'm german.
I bought a used Carryall 2 for my sisters horse riding school so that they can collect the horse droppings from the pasture.

As far as i can tell the undercarrige is original. What would your suggestions be to lift the cart up and what tires should i get?
Is it even whise to lift the cart when it is ment to carry a lot of wheight?

In all this, please mind: The looks are secondary, this is ment to be a work horse, no show queen. AND:
This is the cart as i bought it, looks like the former owners tinkered with the gal a little.

Thanks for your help and greetings from bavaria,

Markus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Work horse.jpg (205.6 KB, 0 views)
Glory_to_Offler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2022, 03:03 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Lift Kit and tires for horse pasture

Considering that most horse pastures around the Virginia area although can be hilly, they tend to not be to rutted or have holes in them due to injuring the horses.
That being said, you could get away with no lift and some off road tires on the front and back.
You have 18X8-8 on there now and you could go with some mud tires that size.
If you plan on hauling weight in the back I would try to stick with a 6 ply or better tire.
If you want to lift it a 4" lift is readily available and can accommodate 22" tires easily.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:53 PM   #3
Glory_to_Offler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Okay, thanks for the help so far.
I could not find lift kits for the Carryall, may i assume that i can use the ones for the DS Version?

My current tires are 18x8.5-8, this means
Tire width ( 18 ), Tire height ( 8.5 ) and Rim diameter ( 8 ), right?
So i could get tires that are higher to get the cart more off the ground.
So a 18x10-8 would do the trick?

And what would be the widest tire for the rim?
Would a 20x10-8 be possible?

Sorry for all the noob questions

Greetings,

Markus

Edit:
Just found a thread where it was said that, the bigger the tire, the faster the GC will go, but one will lose torque. Is this true/a big problem?
I got the 350ccm motor, i hope it would not be too weak for the intended purpose?
Glory_to_Offler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:07 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory_to_Offler View Post
Okay, thanks for the help so far.
I could not find lift kits for the Carryall, may i assume that i can use the ones for the DS Version?

My current tires are 18x8.5-8, this means
Tire width ( 18 ), Tire height ( 8.5 ) and Rim diameter ( 8 ), right?
So i could get tires that are higher to get the cart more off the ground.
So a 18x10-8 would do the trick?

And what would be the widest tire for the rim?
Would a 20x10-8 be possible?

Sorry for all the noob questions

Greetings,

Markus

Edit:
Just found a thread where it was said that, the bigger the tire, the faster the GC will go, but one will lose torque. Is this true/a big problem?
I got the 350ccm motor, i hope it would not be too weak for the intended purpose?

20x10x8 will definitely work on those rims. 20" tall fits without a lift kit. And the added sidewall height will improve the ride over rough ground. If power is limited be aware that bigger tires reduce torque. 10% taller tire = 10% less power. GL with the cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:57 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I'm assuming the cart is having difficulty with ground clearance on the terrain of the pasture. Added ground clearance is the only way to remedy that. Adding 20" tires will only net approximately 1" of additional ground clearance. If 1" extra inch is enough then go for the 20" tires. I would suggest an "All Terrain" type tread pattern.

Ground clearance needs to be considered at the frame and at the rear axle area. In order to gain more ground clearance, larger tires are the only way. In order to fit larger tires, a lift kit needs to be installed to create enough room.

I can tell you this, adding a 6" lift and 23" tires will change the off road capability of a stock cart dramatically. The question is, do you really need that much clearance?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 12:59 PM   #6
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am not sure of the setup on that Carryall, but if the transaxle is over the rear springs, it is likely that you can move it to below the springs at the rear, giving you at least a couple of free inches of added clearance for larger tires, and as has been said before, 20" tire would work as is, you could then move up to 22" tires. Garden tractor Ag tires or bar tires as they are sometimes called add a ton of traction in that environment.

Add a picture of from behind the cart at ground level so we can see the springs/transaxle from inside of rear tire to inside of rear tire.
JPonLKN is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
carryall
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts