lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2022, 05:16 PM   #1
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default PDS to DCS Conversion Help

I'm helping troubleshoot a PDS cart that had an adapter going to an Alltrax DCX 9 pin controller like a DCS cart would have. The alltrax controller was fried and burnt and wasn't working so I sold the owner of the cart a freshly rebuilt and upgraded stock DCS controller from my last cart which the 9 pin PDS/DCX adapter would hook up to. Hooked everything up, solenoid clicks, but won't go. Beginning to think this controller won't work for a PDS cart with that adapter. I figured it would since it hooks it right up just like it would hook up to an Alltrax. My question is will this stock DCS controller work for a PDS cart with the 9 pin controller adapter? Pics of old controller, adapter, and new stock controller included. Thanks
DubK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2022, 06:01 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS to DCS Conversion Help

The Alltrax DCX was a direct plug-n-play replacement for the DCS (Curtis 1206SX), so the stock DCS ought to work with the PDS to DCS adapter kluge.

Maybe the PDS to DCS adapter has some burnt pins also.

If possible, use an Alltrax XCT48400-PDS controller and get the full potential out of the setup. (If you can find the speed sensor which wasn't used with the DCX)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 09:29 PM   #3
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks! We'll check this adapter out and try out a new one before getting a new controller. Should everything be wired up according to a PDS wiring diagram or a DCS diagram since using a DCS controller? Diagrams are a little different from what I can see especially around the solenoid.
Old 02-20-2022, 11:12 PM   #4
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

He's getting 49+ volts across all of the spades of the controller except the negative to the motor. It's a freshly rebuilt/upgraded controller. Sound like something is wrong with it? Controller is showing input but no output to the motor.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:05 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The adapter kluge rewires the cart's stock PDS control wiring to the controller's stock DCS control wiring.

I missed the fact the cart has a 48V battery pack. A stock DCS controller will not work on 48V, so you probably burned out the DCS controller.

Your only options are going to a 36V battery pack or using a 48V controller.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:52 PM   #6
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Gotcha. I had this controller rebuilt and upgraded performance wise to work on 48 volts according to the guy who upgraded it said it will work on 48 just fine now.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:30 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Then it ought to work with just the PDS to DCS adapter changing the cart's PDS wiring to the controller's DCS wiring.
Old 02-21-2022, 04:25 PM   #8
DubK
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks. Was hoping so! Getting no voltage on f1 or f2 of the controller at this point so thinking the controller may still be faulty after the "rebuild".
Old 02-27-2022, 08:04 PM   #9
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Rebuilds are junk! If your wanting to install a quality replacement for customers, go with new. I tell my customers both sides and let them choose, but I tell them I won't stand behind the rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax, curtis, dcs, dcx, pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO