lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2022, 03:40 PM   #1
ssteinkritz
Not Yet Wild

Default Where do I start? 2000 G16AU Desert Classic STE

Hi All, I'm new here. Inherited a new to me 2000 G16AU Desert Classic STE Gas cart from my grandmother.

I'm trying to determine where to start modifying it and think I'd like to lift it but not sure how high to lift and could use guidance on tires and wheels.

Do I understand correctly that if I lift more than 3inches I should have it re-geared?

Is there an affordable lift, wheel, tire combo out there I'd like black rims and multipurpose tires.

Thanks

Scott
ssteinkritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2022, 07:09 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Where do I start? 2000 G16AU Desert Classic STE

Check out the "site sponsors" page for supporting retailers that sell the parts you're looking for

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

What are your goals with the cart? Campground? Street? Off road?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:14 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Lifting a cart doesn't require regearing. Large tires are the issue with gearing. Too large of tires can really slow down a cart's acceleration. Lowering a gear ratio can help you gain some low end torque back.

Generally a good stock powered cart can tolerate 22" tires without much issue.

A common upgrade for a cart is 6" lift with 22" tires on 10" rims. For the G16 you have lots of options on the lifts. Jakes, Steleng, All Sports, Rhox are all common brands of lift kits.

Browse through some of the sponsors and see what they offer. I'm not a fan of buying lifts on Ebay and Amazon, there's no "help" if you run into trouble and those sellers don't really give two flying whips about you or your project. Buying from a sponsor here ensures you get "great service" and "knowledgeable people" helping you.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:43 AM   #4
ssteinkritz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the responses slonomo!

My goals for the cart are to make it a multipurpose cart but wont be doing heavy off roading in rough areas. So mainly road and grassy areas. Eventually I'd like to put a back seat/bed on it and change the body.
ssteinkritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 06:01 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I think any 6" lift will give you what you want. Keep in mind that most lift kits won't work with 8" wheels, you'll have to go with 10" wheels with 4:3 offset. 22" tires will be best with a stock engine. Good clutches and belt are key.

Tags
lift, tires, wheels
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts