lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2022, 08:33 PM   #1
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt 36v wiring help

I have what I believe is a ezgo txt 36 volt. The manufacture code is f299 which I believe is a 99 model. It has the black controller that has b-, b+, and m- for the big leads and one plug that could hold 6 wires but only has 4 that are orange, red, black and white. It has the lever style f/r switch. I can’t find the correct wiring diagram for it. I’m fixing for a friend that got it and I’m sure something is wired wrong cause there’s one post on the motor with 2 wires hooked to it and I don’t think any are supposed to have more than one. The problem the cart is having is that it’s fast with plenty of power in reverse but slow in forward. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas y’all have really helped me out a lot in the past and y’all’s knowledge is incredible. Thanks
Bryans200583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2022, 10:21 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt 36v wiring help

what you have described is a SERIES drive TXT. and the issue you described with the FWD/REV is that two of the motor leads need to be swapped, the ones on the S1 and S2 posts....OR the cables on the back of the fwd/rev switch at the 3 & 9 o'clock position.

here is the wiring diagram you need.

Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:17 PM   #3
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

I changed the leads at the motor and the only thing that changed was, now when I have my f/r switch in forward, it goes in reverse and vice versa. No change in power in forward but still same power in reverse.
Comparing the wiring to the diagram, they have a2 on the motor hooked to the m- on the controller and a1 from motor hooked to the 12 o’clock position on the switch. Would that cause this problem? Appreciate it.
Old 03-11-2022, 08:33 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryans200583 View Post
I changed the leads at the motor and the only thing that changed was, now when I have my f/r switch in forward, it goes in reverse and vice versa. No change in power in forward but still same power in reverse.
Comparing the wiring to the diagram, they have a2 on the motor hooked to the m- on the controller and a1 from motor hooked to the 12 o’clock position on the switch. Would that cause this problem? Appreciate it.
YES
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 11:33 AM   #5
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
YES
THanks for the help. I didn’t just wanna swap the wires and end up burning something up. I’ll give it a shot this evening and see what happens. Appreciate the help bud. Take care
Old 03-11-2022, 10:27 PM   #6
Bryans200583
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
YES
So, I swapped the leads to the a1 and a2 and still the same problem. Any other suggestions of what could cause this? In forward it’ll barely make up my driveway which is a little hill, but in reverse, it goes on up it without any issue. Thanks again for the help
Old 11-05-2023, 09:37 AM   #7
kkoerner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have had this happen to me. I installed the solenoid upside down. The posts should be to the bottom. If there is more space below the posts, turn it over. Make sure you have the line on the capacitor facing left or toward the red wires.
kkoerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 01:12 PM   #8
Raskizi
Not Yet Wild

Had a question, I have the same cart, my 36V ezgo txt series controller has the A2 connector on it but it is not on this diagram. I have all kind of issues. My cart is fully throttle all the time. No water in the floor board area. I rewired to this diagram. Now I don’t have reverse.
Raskizi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO